Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best BBQ in columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best BBQ in columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Bump.

Ray Ray’s Smoked buffalo chicken sandwich special in out of this world.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

No love for City BBQ ? To their credit, the food is all slow-cooked on-site and available 7-days per week. No need to wait for “Rib Night”.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Just checked out Old Skool this weekend, and they’re smoking pulled pork, brisket, and ribs up there. I got to try to the smoked and grilled wings, and they were delicious. Ribs are the special on Sundays after 3 pm. It’s right next to Aladdin’s in Old North.

Rioward7
    Participant

Everything at Ray Rays is delicious!

OSURob
    Participant

IF you run across them, check out Bob’s Backyard BBQ Food Truck. Very unique Pulled Pork Reuben on the menu. It hit the spot after a few brews at HopYard 62.

Walter_White
    Participant

Has anyone tried House of BBQ & Blues food truck permanently parked on Parsons? I live right behind Planks on Sycamore, but haven’t made my way over there. I never see anyone in line, but their Yelp review is 5 stars for what that’s worth (only 5 ratings)

scarletandgrey
    Participant

I hate Montgomery Inn’s ribs. The sauce seems to be ketchup based. Ray Ray’s is good, but a little too smokey flavored to me. My new favorite is Oak Hill’s ribs in Sunbury.

ImNotaStar
    Participant

Yo, based upon the article here I had the pork nachos at Iron Pig, they wwere insane. They arent like super fancy, but they were definitely my style. I used to really like the pork nachos at Barley’s but the last few times I have gone they have been eehhhhh. Barleys I think used to be my favorite place in Columbus, and anything you got there was very good, but in general the last few times I went I wasnt all that happy with the food. The burgers, wings, and nachos have all been disappointing.

tolemac5050
    Participant

According to a Dispatch article today, Chimdi Chekwa and Bryant Browning, two former OSU foootball players are opening Pit BBQ Grill, located at the Northern Lights shopping center.

NDaEast
    Participant

I used to think H. Johnson’s at Lockbourne and Whittier, until I had ribs at B & K Smokehouse at Main and Champion (1114 E. Main Street). They smoke all their meat — the meat quality is excellent, it is fall-off-the-bone tender, and the owners treat you like family. Best BBQ in Columbus.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

^agreed the BBQ @ Johnson’s is very good.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

You should try to get these guys: http://www.smokedonhigh.com

They should be opening in the next couple months.

kjmallow1
    Participant

That would be an awesome addition to S. High Street. It looks like they are converting the old brick house next to Local Cantina into their restaurant? Interesting.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

You should try to get these guys: http://www.smokedonhigh.com

They should be opening in the next couple months.

We did reach out, and I don’t think the timing works out due to their workload in getting the restaurant open. :(

Next year for sure!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!