Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Best BBQ in columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Best BBQ in columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Edward

Chasi’s Bbq is located at 3180 E. main Phone number is 338-8283. I found them on Yelp, go figure!

Edward

CDS sherman wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

Edward wrote >>
    The number for Chasi’s Bbq didn’t work. Does anyone know his whereabouts? That is exactly the type of place I am looking for. And Ray Rays is absolutely top notch.

I think the location is mentioned as changed on the blog to someplace on E. Main.
    If you’re just lookin’ for secret, Woody’s is always a choice.

woody and joes was the shiat back in the day. honestly i have not been in 10 years but im sure they havnt changed. 4th st and 5th ave NE corner.

I Woody and Joes the same place or two different places? The little place at the corner of 5th ave and 4th st across from the liquor store isn’t open anymore.

labi
    Participant

Is Woody and Joes the same place or two different places? The little place at the corner of 5th ave and 4th st across from the liquor store isn’t open anymore.

@edward – are you very sure? They’re only open after 4 and look closed even when they’re open.

Delicious, super nice, and really reasonable in price.

Edward

labi wrote >>

Is Woody and Joes the same place or two different places? The little place at the corner of 5th ave and 4th st across from the liquor store isn’t open anymore.

@edward – are you very sure? They’re only open after 4 and look closed even when they’re open.

I apologize, I don’t know if its open or not. I did find a phone number, it just rang and rang. I would be absolutely amazed if in fact it was still open bc the outside facing the corner looks abandoned! But I will check it out in the next week and get back with you…

patient_zero
    Participant

Edward, you didn’t mention your favored protein. If you are open to chicken, the Pollo al Carbon from the Los Potosinos is quite the treat, and is a hidden gem off the beaten path. They are one of the stops on the Columbus Food Adventures[/url] tour.

You can read more on the tacotruckscolumbus site: http://tacotruckscolumbus.com/2009/03/18/los-potosinos/

Photo from tacotruckscolumbus

lisathewaitress
    Participant

Edward wrote >>

labi wrote >>

I apologize, I don’t know if its open or not. I did find a phone number, it just rang and rang. I would be absolutely amazed if in fact it was still open bc the outside facing the corner looks abandoned! But I will check it out in the next week and get back with you…

i am pretty sure they are officially closed for awhile now.

CDS sherman

oh well…

Edward

lisathewaitress wrote >>

Edward wrote >>

labi wrote >>

Lisa what makes you say that? I’m just curious, I drove by tonight and they were not open, but it actually looked like someone just chopped down all the crazy weeds and cleaned up some of the debris facing the corner. It does still give the hours on the window, I guess we will have to see if there open on thurs. I did take a good look at the roof, I would be scared to go inside for fear the place would crumble..

CDS sherman

Edward wrote >>

lisathewaitress wrote >>

Edward wrote >>

labi wrote >>

Lisa what makes you say that? I’m just curious, I drove by tonight and they were not open, but it actually looked like someone just chopped down all the crazy weeds and cleaned up some of the debris facing the corner. It does still give the hours on the window, I guess we will have to see if there open on thurs. I did take a good look at the roof, I would be scared to go inside for fear the place would crumble..

as i mentioned i have not been in 10 years but i have seen them open at least a year ago. the building has looked like that for 5 years or so at least. we will see on thurs, 10 bucks on open.

CDS sherman

i will check for a health dept tag on the door tomorrow. maybe that will shed some light prior to thurs.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

+1 on the Ray Ray’s and Chasi’s recommendations. Both are amazing and we’re so lucky to have barbecue that good here in Columbus.

Another one that scored high in my book when I judged the Rib-off last week was Smokin’ Joes – I had thought that they only showed up at festivals and the like, but the guys at Ray Ray’s tell me he has a truck set up in the old Media Play parking lot on the East side. Will go on a scouting mission sometime this week to check it out.

bman
    Participant

No one has mentioned City BBQ?????

lol

lilbit
    Participant

That place on Summit and Fifth has limited hours. They don’t keep regular restaurant hours. I haven’t driven by in awhile so I couldn’t say if they’ve closed recently for some reason, but it has always looked like an abandoned building. They do not give a s*** about promoting the place. I hear it’s good food, though.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Is Woody the same as the Woody’s that used to be on Rt. 42 near 33? That place was good but it burned and did not re-open.

drew
    Participant

columbusfoodie wrote >>
    Another one that scored high in my book when I judged the Rib-off last week was Smokin’ Joes – I had thought that they only showed up at festivals and the like, but the guys at Ray Ray’s tell me he has a truck set up in the old Media Play parking lot on the East side. Will go on a scouting mission sometime this week to check it out.

Good to hear that they’re still there… we stumbled upon them probably a year and a half ago. Solid stuff!

patient_zero wrote >>
    Edward, you didn’t mention your favored protein. If you are open to chicken, the Pollo al Carbon from the Los Potosinos is quite the treat, and is a hidden gem off the beaten path.

If you give Los Potosinos a call a day ahead of time, they’ll do pork ribs (costillo de puerco). Same seasoning as the chicken, probably equally satisfying.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!