Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Breaking News! Ben Affleck replaced by Tommy Wiseau!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Breaking News! Ben Affleck replaced by Tommy Wiseau!

No wonder this is taking forever to come out! Glad they are going with the retro costumes

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I wish Idris Elba was the new Batman.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

So yeah, I’m in.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Saw the trailer. I’m kinda excited. Anything to break up the marvel monopoly on super hero movies. I’m so sick of seeing Robert Downey Jr.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’m kind of with you, I think Ant Man is going to be terrible and I didn’t like the last Iron Man at all. That said, I think Avengers will be awesome and if they don’t screw up Civil War it could be amazing. What Marvel does that is SO MUCH SMARTER than what DC is doing is they are crafting the whole universe. Their TV world is their movie world, the stuff on Agents of SHIELD plays into (and even sets up) the movies, the entire Netflix/Defenders will have tons of tie ins.

Meanwhile, the only thing DC has done well in recent years has been TV…Arrow and Flash are both very good…and they’re completely wasting the opportunity. Grant Gustin absolutely, without a doubt, should have been movie Flash and even if Stephen Amell isn’t an acting powerhouse, the dude is a top notch physical presence and after 3 seasons he’s 100% established as Green Arrow.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

So technically this is Suicide Squad…but woah…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sounds like the interwebs are pretty divided on the new look. Lots of Juggalo and Marilyn Manson jokes. :P

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

If it wasn’t Jared Leto behind the look, I’d be concerned…but I think the updated psychopath combined with a lot of references to The Killing Joke, Leto is going to kill it.

I’m not a fan of the teeth, but everything else works for me.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I’d like to see him bulk up just a little. Other than that, it looks like they are going with the Killing Joke Joker, being this is at least the second reference to it. That Joker is pretty nuts if I remember.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’d like to see him bulk up just a little. Other than that, it looks like they are going with the Killing Joke Joker, being this is at least the second reference to it. That Joker is pretty nuts if I remember.

Couple people have pointed out the bird on his upper right arm…reminder of killing Robin?

rus
    rus
    Participant

So technically this is Suicide Squad…but woah…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Have to say, I’m pretty jacked about this based on the trailer. I’ve been a believer in this project for a while though, the one I was skeptical of is Suicide Squad (for the Will Smith factor).

Bear
    Participant

I’m not a fan of the teeth, but everything else works for me.

I kind of like the look. Given the number of times Batman has kicked his teeth in over the years, it hardly seems credible that he’d still have perfect pearly whites.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.