Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

geoyui
    Participant

Schmuley

They probably would have received a warmer reception if they’d announced Michael Keaton was reprising his role…24 years later.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

My issue isn’t so much with Affleck as Batman (although that is an issue) as it is with the fact that ‘Man of Steel” felt like a prequel to a really good Superman movie. I mean, let’s face it – the movie wasn’t that good. But it did breathe new life into the franchise and ended in such a way that it felt like the interesting characters who didn’t have a lot to do in this movie would get a chance to shine in the next. The Lois and Clark / Superman relationship, Perry White, Mrs. Kent, introducing Lex Luthor, etc. I think that by throwing Batman into the mix, they’re just trying to get to the Avengers-level way too soon. I wish they would have taken their time and give the characters a chance to earn their way into our hearts before these team ups started.

Also, Affleck got to be Daredevil and Superman in the 50’s. Enough already.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Schmuley said:
    They probably would have received a warmer reception if they’d announced Michael Keaton was reprising his role…24 years later.

I saw Michael Keaton last night in a movie actually…I don’t think reprising Batman is in the cards.

geoyui
    Participant

Patch
    Participant

Pablo said:

this made me so freakin happy!

HAHAHA!

So F’n Funny.

Thank you.

drawrobot
    Participant

You either really need a great director or a great actor/ensemble to carry a superhero movie. My God Afleck’s has all the onscreen charisma of a popsicle stick. It’s a shame that it didn’t work out with Josh Brolin. For the version of Batman they’re aiming for, he would have been perfect.

Will I still go see this despite Affleck being in it? … sigh, yeah. I have no shame. I can still say with pride that I have never seen Electra or that horrid Catwoman movie.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

drawrobot said:
    It’s a shame that it didn’t work out with Josh Brolin. For the version of Batman they’re aiming for, he would have been perfect.

nope, Idris Elba.
    the only choice for a new, weary Batman.
    bar none.
    in fact, if I could find a way to bend Affleck’s ear for even ninety seconds, I’d convince him it’d be wiser to just direct the JLA movie, and cast Elba as Bruce Wayne. he’d be able to ditch the actor-hatred that’s piling up at his gate, get cred out the ass for casting a black Brit as the bat, and then reap the rewards of directing a movie that blows people away (which he’s been proving he CAN do) which if he acts in it, is just going to be a pop culture laughing stock, even if it’s halfway good. nobody’s gonna care if it’s the “Argo of the capes and tights set” if he’s the bat. we’re just ALL going to mock it…

and deservedly so.

(Batfleck, ugh)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I have a feeling the rage over Affleck is about to be forgotten:

http://www.justjared.com/2013/09/13/justin-bieber-robin-in-batman-vs-superman/

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

Yeah, I just read that too. . .

I ain’t buying it.

geoyui
    Participant

Looks like Jessie Eisenberg will be Luthor, and Jeremy Irons is Alfred:

Jesse Eisenberg Will Play Lex Luthor In Superman/Batman Movie

Chicken
    Participant

bastardsuperstar said:
    nope, Idris Elba.

Holy shit, man, Elba as Batman would rule.

geoyui
    Participant

Official logo

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Got 5 minutes? Please take our 2019 demographic survey and tell us a bit about yourself and share your thoughts on how CU can improve!