Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

50 tweets on the Affleck announcement

some of my favs:

the venn diagram of “good movies ben affleck has been in” and “movies ben affleck also directed” is a single circle.

I hope Kevin Conroy does the voice for Ben Affleck.

Affleck gonna be like “It’s the Jokah! Or the Riddlah! Rahbin! Call Commissionah Gahden!”

From a coworker: “I’d have more faith in that movie if Affleck were directing and Snyder were playing Batman.”

Rockmastermike
    Participant

the last movie was so long, predictable, cliché, and frankly, quite dull that I only finished watching it out of a sense of obligation. I can’t see how people can really get this worked up about ben afleck. It’s not going to get any WORSE.

Sorry, unpopular opinion here, but its my 2cents.

geoyui
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    the last movie was so long, predictable, cliché, and frankly, quite dull that I only finished watching it out of a sense of obligation. I can’t see how people can really get this worked up about ben afleck. It’s not going to get any WORSE.

I actually kind of agree with you. I thought it was a let down. Disappointed with Bane, never was a real fan of Bale. I guess my enthusiasm for the series is due to Ledger’s Joker performance.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

geoyui said:
    I actually kind of agree with you. I thought it was a let down. Disappointed with Bane, never was a real fan of Bale. I guess my enthusiasm for the series is due to Ledger’s Joker performance.

Yeah. That was a fine movie. Ledger was compelling and the movie was pretty well crafted in general. The popularity of that film spawned 1000 internet memes and has had lasting memory in popular culture. People butthurt about losing a national election even made posters with a quote from it!

The one with Bane is entirely forgettable. I can’t even recall the title offhand.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:

I agree with you, too. In my opinion, the first Burton movie and the second Nolan movie were good, but all the rest were pretty dismal.

The 90s cartoon was mostly good, as well.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

spfld_expat said:

It really was.

geoyui
    Participant

spfld_expat said:

Pablo
    Participant

rus
    rus
    Participant

geoyui said:

Ledger really nailed the role. Giggling nihilism and game theory all wrapped up in a greasy bow.

Graybeak
    Participant
    rus
    rus
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    Speaking of Heath, here is a timely link
    The Internet’s Reaction to Heath Ledger being cast as The Joker

Good point, really. Maybe Affleck will surprise all us doubters.

I mean, Daredevil was … erm…

yeah.

geoyui
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    Speaking of Heath, here is a timely link
    The Internet’s Reaction to Heath Ledger being cast as The Joker

From that site, there was this link on the side:

Ben Affleck as Batman: Why It Could Work[/url]

Coy
    Participant

M.O.
    Participant

This guy was close to getting the part too …

Nicholas Herum
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Karl Urban would have been interesting, but probably would have seen similarities with his Dredd character.

Karl Urban would have been a good choice.

I’d be really worried about Affleck’s casting if this was 2003 and not 2013. I think he’s become less of tool the past few years so I’m willing to give he the benefit of the doubt.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.