Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

http://io9.com/ben-affleck-will-play-an-older-batman-fighting-the-youn-1186466053

Director Zack Snyder tells the Wrap:

Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

it’s not that he couldn’t play Bruce, but let’s be real:
    Ben Affleck has NO Batman in him.

Hank Venture is waaay more Batman than Affleck is…

geoyui
    Participant

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

Josh Malina (from my beloved Sports Night) had the best tweet so far:
    Damon as Robin! Damon as Robin!

and as an unreal coincidence, I was reading unrelated crap on nerdbastards, and noticed they had the scoop on this back in February:

DC Comics Movie Rumor Mill: Warner Bros. Wanted Ben Affleck to Direct ‘Justice League’ AND Play Batman

What is unexpected is the rumor that Warner Brothers not only wanted Affleck to direct, but also play one of the central leads of the developing Justice League movie franchise, Batman.

Think about that for a moment. Ben Affleck as Batman. Warner Brothers wouldn’t just want him Justice League if he took the role, they’d want him for any follow-up Batman movies and cameos in other DC Comics movies for the next couple of years, if not longer.
    . . .
    Considering the recent lambasting the Justice League script has been taking on the internet, Affleck might have dodged a Batarang to the career here.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Personally, for an older/grittier Bat, I would have gone with Viggo Mortensen or Eric Bana.

Jman4ever
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Personally, for an older/grittier Bat, I would have gone with Viggo Mortensen or Eric Bana.

or Richard Armitage, or even Peter Weller (since he did it already kind of)

geoyui
    Participant

Coremodels said:

Karl Urban would have been interesting, but probably would have seen similarities with his Dredd character.

I actually saw a site recommending Paul Rudd. Paul Rudd???

Mister Shifter
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Karl Urban would have been interesting, but probably would have seen similarities with his Dredd character.

Lord, please give me a Dredd sequel.

It’s a damn shame that movie did poorly at the box office due to (mainly) poor marketing.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:

It’s a damn shame that movie did poorly at the box office due to (mainly) poor marketing.

Hell.
    Yes.

geoyui
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:

I heard it did pretty well in dvd sales. It’s a crime when there are like 5 resident evil movies out there, and they don’t make a sequel for this …

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Yet.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Well, Batman is white.

You white, then you Ben Affleck.

nice

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

geoyui said:

Karl Urban would be an excellent choice as well, not sure what’s up with his career though, as he’s heading for network television right now…

DowntownGuy1234
    Participant

I still think this casting choice is a evil plot by the Legion of Doom…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Better than Ben Stiller.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.