Our City Online

Messageboard - Film

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

This topic contains 88 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Not too sure about this. I’ll have to wait & see though.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ben-affleck-is-the-new-batman-1200586881/

Quote:
    Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015 with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne,” Snyder said in a statement. “I can’t wait to work with him.”

The announcement of a Batman-Superman film was announced last month Comic-con to much excitement and the next thing to look out for is if more of the Justice League team will be added to this cast.

The irony to this news is that at one point Warner Bros. was interested in having Affleck direct the “Justice League” movie and his participation in this film will now spur interest if whether his casting means a possibility of directing that film.

Affleck is repped by WME and can be seen next in Fox and New Regency’s thriller “Runner Runner.”

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

vom.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

lol

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

ick

Bear
    Participant

wha

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

What the fu…..

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hrm

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Meh, I don’t hate this. While he was awful as Daredevil, he was a decent Jack Ryan, enjoyable as an action guy in Armageddon, and excellent in Argo. Preference would have been for Christian Bale to stay on, but I think he could work in ensemble movies like this and the Justice League film.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Well, Batman is white.

You white, then you Ben Affleck.

M.O.
    Participant

Michael Keaton made it work despite being Michael Keaton. (That’s all I got).

Nicholas Herum
    Participant

Ben Affleck is better choice than the other alternative I’ve heard recently… Wes Bently.

geoyui
    Participant

I hope Affleck can pull of Bale’s voice.

btw, he was excellent in The Town.

mrmann

Pearl Harbor…

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Gigli…

geoyui
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)

The forum ‘Film’ is closed to new topics and replies.