Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bel Lago (the former Hoover Grille)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Bel Lago (the former Hoover Grille)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

enzo
    Participant

http://bellagobistro.com/

This used to be Hoover Grille which in my opinion had great views and ambience, but HORRIBLE food. Now it is greatly improved!!! What I love the most is the feeling of being somewhere not in Ohio. Hoover Dam does not permit large motor boats or jet skis so it is peaceful and lovely…sail boats and kayaks and crew teams.

It was a girly girl thing so we just ordered a bunch of appetizers and drinks. We had the following

Brick Roasted Vegetable: Good..they should use portobello instead of button is my only complaint.

Grilled Jumbo Prawns:COLOSSAL and very good

Bruschetta Trio: Tuscan white bean and basil, sausage

and roasted pepper, and classic tomato parmesan. A must order!!! I did not try the sausage but they loved it.

Pacific Rim Calamari: Lightly fried with Thai chile sauce,

limes, and toasted coconut—Not that great…corn meal batter I am not fond of too dry.

Canoli—SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOD!!!

Service was fantastic. Wine by the glass list is decent. It is not gourmet but a great improvement over what was going on before and the view and feel being near the water cannot be beat.

They have specials each night. Tonight is $2 off Martini’s all night, Thursday they have live music, Valet parking Th-Sat. (parking can be tricky).

Maybe a CU meet up? It is soooooo far. I can’t believe I used to live up there. Now it seems like a road trip!

patient_zero
    Participant

Thanks for posting information on Bel Lago (formerly known as Hoover Grille). While my election day visit to Hoover Grille was memorable, those oddly spicy Asian fish tacos didn’t win me over. I was however impressed with the roomy and classy interior, as well as the elevated patio overlooking Hoover Dam. The expansive building juxtaposed to a shimmering body of water reminded me more of California than Ohio.

I look forward to the Prosciutto, Pear, Onion Jam Pizza and the Eggplant Pizza, as well as the Pacific Rim Calamari. Beer offerings are promising as well.

The view is really stunning there.

patient_zero
    Participant

The dazzlingly beautiful Bel Lago near Hoover Dam is offering Three-Course Meals for $15.95.

*Bel Lago Salad or Cup of Soup

*Spaghetti and Meatball, Tortellini Carbonara or Asparagus Ravioli

*Cannoli or Spumoni Ice Cream

Offer good thru 2/28/10. Print coupon here.

Kids menu items are $5.

enzo
    Participant

I think it would be a beautiful spot to go when everything is super snow covered!!

patient_zero
    Participant

enzo wrote >>
    I think it would be a beautiful spot to go when everything is super snow covered!!

Yeah, I’d like to cozy up to their beautiful fireplace with some Pinot or Tuaca and coffee. Maybe we could talk Walker into a Winter meetup here.

RandomVisitor
    Participant

We gave it a try.

Liked the setting.

The food was not remarkable.

But I can see a return visit to cocktail and enjoy the view.

patient_zero
    Participant

From the beautiful Bel Lago Bistro website, they are expanding and altering the patio for year round usage.

I’m craving one of their Red Pear Pizzas with onion jam, red pears, pine nuts, prosciutto, Alfredo and goat cheese, paired with a few bottles of Apple Lambic. What a great view they have there.

http://bellagobistro.com/

News
    Participant

FROM HERE: http://www.bellagorestaurant.com

Bel Lago Waterfront Dining will be closing it’s doors Sunday, December 7. We have enjoyed serving our customers and being part of the local community. I would like to thank all of our customers, associates and vendors for being part of such a great restaurant in Westerville.

We are working with a new operator that will be taking over the restaurant and closing it for the next few months to work on a few internal enhancements, as well as rebranding and renaming. They anticipate reopening in spring.

All the Best,

Rich and Dawn Rores

Bel Lago Waterfront Dining.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: