Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

BEER FLOATS! BEER FLOATS! BEER FLOATS!

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events BEER FLOATS! BEER FLOATS! BEER FLOATS!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  itinerantfoodie 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

The Hills Market’s July 21 Harvest Happy Hour combines the best of two worlds as we present our second installment of Beer Floats. We’ll be pouring five different floats featuring Ayars Family Farm Ice Cream (new, from Mechanicsburg, Ohio) and a variety of stouts, lambics and unique beers selected by Constance to go especially well with the frozen treat. The floats are $1.75 each or you can try a flight (5) for $7.50.

As with all Harvest Happy Hours, we’ll feature wine and beer special (sans ice cream), and will serve food samples (featuring Wayward Seed Farm produce).

JULY 21 | 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

Yum, Wayward and beer floats, go Hills!

patient_zero
    Participant

Another great tasting from the splendid staff at Hills Market, and excellent timing with the Summer heat. I’m looking forward to this!

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

Me too! Hope the weather cooperates so I can bike up there…

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I wants.

Lakee911
    Participant

So it just isn’t root beer that goes with ice cream to make a float? You all put beer and ice cream together?

patient_zero
    Participant

Lakee911 wrote >>
    So it just isn’t root beer that goes with ice cream to make a float? You all put beer and ice cream together?

Well, not just any beer, but float appropriate flavored or styled beers. Can you imagine a raspberry lambic beer with a vanilla ice cream floaty in it?
    This is good stuff, Jason. Good stuff.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

My fave combo ever is Founders KBS and jeni’s vanilla…yusss.

patient_zero
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

Yeah, we won’t be sippin’ any of Lauren’s Pabst Blue Ribbon with vanilla ice cream on the 21st of July!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

Yeah, we won’t be sippin’ any of Lauren’s Pabst Blue Ribbon with vanilla ice cream on the 21st of July!

Of course not…the only proper mixer for PBR is uber-spicy bloody mary mix, a splash of worcestershire sauce, horseradish, and a bit of sriracha. :)

Lakee911
    Participant

I guess just any old beer could be nasty. So, SJT has a creme brulee stout on tap… am I on the right track? :)

Lakee911
    Participant

I guess just any old beer could be nasty. So, SJT has a creme brulee stout on tap… am I on the right track? :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Sure. That would work. Anything dark and sweet usually works…fruity lambics work…meads might work. Young’s double chocolate stout with a splash of Lindeman’s framboise + ice cream = win too.

patient_zero
    Participant

Now you’re thinking in the right direction. Guinness and ice cream, also the right direction.

Lakee911
    Participant

Ok I wanna come! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.