Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Beater car?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

lifeliberty
    Participant

shroud wrote The trouble with this is the people who get high on the feeling like a king bit, and being able to drive through snow drifts and such — but then forget that 4×4 does NOT mean you’re able to stop on ice any better than the car next to you…

truth, owning a 4×4 does not = knowing how to drive one :lol:

and if going to 4×4 route, get posi in the rear and solid front axle if available

blammo
    Participant

Yeah, a 4×4 won’t keep you from going into the ditch…but it’ll get you out once you screw up. I pretty much drive like a granny in slick conditions, unless I have people in the back of the truck. Then it’s pedal to the metal.

I guess the big question re: the 350z is, are you just frustrated that you don’t get good traction in the car, or are you wanting to “preserve” your awesome sports car that I’ve always wanted, from ice, snow, salt, and potential dings & bumps?

Matthew
    Participant

I’ve thought about getting a beater 4×4, but my current 4×4 is starting to look like one with all the tree branch scratches from the alley, – so I guess I’ll just stick with it. :roll:

lifeliberty
    Participant

blammo wrote Yeah, a 4×4 won’t keep you from going into the ditch…but it’ll get you out once you screw up.

reminds me, I need to get some town hooks on the front, and maybe a winch :lol:

Matthew wrote I’ve thought about getting a beater 4×4, but my current 4×4 is starting to look like one with all the tree branch scratches from the alley, – so I guess I’ll just stick with it. :roll:

Polish is your friend.

Matthew
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote

blammo wrote Yeah, a 4×4 won’t keep you from going into the ditch…but it’ll get you out once you screw up.

reminds me, I need to get some town hooks on the front, and maybe a winch :lol:

Matthew wrote I’ve thought about getting a beater 4×4, but my current 4×4 is starting to look like one with all the tree branch scratches from the alley, – so I guess I’ll just stick with it. :roll:

Polish is your friend.

Oh it just needs painted. lol. Polish was my friend before I moved to razor tree alley.

lifeliberty
    Participant

my neighbors tree branches were rubbing against my truck as I exited my garage, i took the clippers to the tree. sometimes you just need to take it upon yourself to get things done. of course trimming a neighbor’s trees is best done when no one is looking. YMMV

ches08
    Participant

ok sorry it took all day to get back to this! but to asnwer some questions:

the 350z will be parked in storage from the first snow fall until i know its all gone. last winter, when the snow wasn’t even that bad, there were 4 people trying to push my car out of a parking spot and it wasn’t moving. lol

it just not meant for snow. i had considered getting blizzaks for it, but i also do not want to risk bad drivers hitting me. ( i mean it is a pretty car and i want to keep it that way :lol: )I have always lived in the middle of nowhere where they do not even own snow plows . . .but i had a front wheel drive car. so where as columbus doesnt NORMALLY get horrible winters, even the slightest bit of accumlation puts my car to a dead stop.

when i saw that picture of that truck . . .i seriously laughed out loud. 1) because it is hilairious and 2) because i am probably going to call and see about test driving it. if its in good running condition then i am all for the intimidation truck :P

blammo
    Participant

I would love to see that truck in action on the streets of Columbus this winter.

brothermarcus
    Participant

blammo wrote I would love to see that truck in action on the streets of Columbus this winter.

Shotgun!

nexttuesday
    Participant

Yeah I wished I had my old car last winter. I have awd and after a foot and a half of snow I drove down my driveway without shoveling. Still, I don’t want my car to get smashed by someone else sliding through a stopsign.

BrianG

osulew wrote

That was one of the greatest weekends in the history of my life. We were out all weekend…art show, Carabar, snow forts, dinner parties, sledding, etc…thanks to the supreme snow machines of Blammo, CDSherman, Brothermarcus, and Roland.

I still laugh when I conjure up the image of BrianG’s face trying to hang on in the bed of blammo’s truck as he did the worlds fastest donuts in the Kroger parking lot…beer cooler and backpacks all banging into him…what a trooper.

Shit.

I’ve derailed.

Definitely an awesome weekend. Not nearly enough of that sort of dangery lately.

blammo
    Participant

BrianG wrote

osulew wrote

That was one of the greatest weekends in the history of my life. We were out all weekend…art show, Carabar, snow forts, dinner parties, sledding, etc…thanks to the supreme snow machines of Blammo, CDSherman, Brothermarcus, and Roland.

I still laugh when I conjure up the image of BrianG’s face trying to hang on in the bed of blammo’s truck as he did the worlds fastest donuts in the Kroger parking lot…beer cooler and backpacks all banging into him…what a trooper.

Shit.

I’ve derailed.

Definitely an awesome weekend. Not nearly enough of that sort of dangery lately.

We could go out this weekend and recreate this moment in Schiller Park, but we’d probably end up with some broken bones.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

We could recreate the part where Brian shows up at the park with a bottle of Whiskey!

Ndcent

It is fucking impossible to find OEM wheels for my 2wd five lug tahoe…IMPOSSIBLE.

I’d love to find a set and get some winter tires on them. :(

blammo
    Participant

Ndcent wrote It is fucking impossible to find OEM wheels for my 2wd five lug tahoe…IMPOSSIBLE.

I’d love to find a set and get some winter tires on them. :(

What did you do with yours?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: