Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

'Bath salts' are growing drug problem

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat ‘Bath salts’ are growing drug problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)
  • Author

myliftkk
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    I don’t think the active ingredients were in bath salts and someone discovered that they could get high on them. The psychoactive compounds are relatively new synthetics and thus not scheduled. It is just sold as ‘bath salts’ <nudge nudge wink wink>
    A.

Agreed. Someone was down in the SN attempting to peddle them to retailers to sell in their stores last week. They admitted as much that the only appeal was for kids to get high off of them.

JonMyers
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>

JonMyers wrote >>

misskitty wrote >>
    What kills me is how this stuff is discovered to get you high.
    Do people really sit around the house and think “ Gee I wish I was high on something” “hey let’s put those bath crystals in our pipe and smoke it” . Same thing with the Coricidin HBP “ Hey I’m going to eat this entire box of cold medicine and see what happens.”
    I just can’t imagine those thoughts crossing my mind.

That’s the exact thought that ran through my mind. Maybe poutpourri will be next.

Right LOL!
    But it gets more disturbing when it catches on like wild fire. Now you have people that did not doubt their friend or message board At all when it told them to smoke, inject, snort, or eat something that is not typically the first thing that comes into mind when you think high.
    So about that kitty litter…

LOL, crazy.. I can see more headlines around this – “Tonight at 6PM. Are your kids going to Bath and Body Works a little too much? ”

JoeMitchell

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I haven’t heard of kids whiffing propane for a long time, did that go out of style?

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue…

rus
    rus
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up sniffing glue…

JonMyers
    Participant

What about Crystal Wolf? White Fang is the worst of it. I heard it’s making a comeback:

Cookie

rus wrote >>

How high do you have to be for that to seem clever more than once?

melikecheese
    Participant

It sounds like these are not really bath salts, just packets of chemicals advertised as such….

Geez what ever happen to just smokin some herb!

rus
    rus
    Participant

myliftkk wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    I don’t think the active ingredients were in bath salts and someone discovered that they could get high on them. The psychoactive compounds are relatively new synthetics and thus not scheduled. It is just sold as ‘bath salts’ <nudge nudge wink wink>
    A.

Agreed. Someone was down in the SN attempting to peddle them to retailers to sell in their stores last week. They admitted as much that the only appeal was for kids to get high off of them.

Agreed as well… and showing my age here, but wasn’t ecstasy sold legally until the DEA scheduled it?

misskitty
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    I haven’t heard of kids whiffing propane for a long time, did that go out of style?

That’s so 1991 plus many complained that they could feel their brain cells depleting after every whippet now it’s all about being resourceful at home and using what ya got. lol

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

During the years when I was building models they changed the glue formula to something that smelled like citrus. I wonder what kinds of volatile chemicals used to be legal in paints and adhesives and bug sprays in the 60s – 70s…

misskitty
    Participant

blockquote>alexs wrote >>
    During the years when I was building models they changed the glue formula to something that smelled like citrus. I wonder what kinds of volatile chemicals used to be legal in paints and adhesives and bug sprays in the 60s – 70s…

A popular cocktail was made during the ’50s (called the Mickey Slim) was made by adding a small amount of DDT to gin! In the image above we see two women getting utterly stoned on DDT.

Twixlen
    Participant

Old school glue would eff you up… way back when, my bestie was a clarinet major & needed to change all the pads/felts. They first had to be burned off, then the glue that was used to adhere new ones had to be heated to cure. We did this one evening in her teeny dorm room, door shut.

We were both completely off our rockers after an hour.

rus
    rus
    Participant

reminds me of a guy I knew in HS ( back in the paleolithic era )… kept a can of gas and a rag. Huffed away a summer vacation his junior year.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 108 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION