Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

'Bath salts' are growing drug problem

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat ‘Bath salts’ are growing drug problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
  • Author

JonMyers
    Participant

Terrible and sad. I almost thought this was an Onion article.

Quote:
    FULTON, Miss. — When Neil Brown got high on dangerous chemicals sold as bath salts, he took his skinning knife and slit his face and stomach repeatedly. Brown survived, but authorities say others haven’t been so lucky after snorting, injecting or smoking powders with such innocuous-sounding names as Ivory Wave, Red Dove and Vanilla Sky.

Some say the effects of the powders are as powerful as abusing methamphetamine. Increasingly, law enforcement agents and poison control centers say the advertised bath salts with complex chemical names are an emerging menace in several U.S. states where authorities talk of banning their sale.

‘Bath salts’ are growing drug problem

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

there was something about this in the dispatch on saturday or sunday

misskitty
    Participant

What kills me is how this stuff is discovered to get you high.
    Do people really sit around the house and think “ Gee I wish I was high on something” “hey let’s put those bath crystals in our pipe and smoke it” . Same thing with the Coricidin HBP “ Hey I’m going to eat this entire box of cold medicine and see what happens.”
    I just can’t imagine those thoughts crossing my mind.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

That’s why I’ll stick with these kind of bath salt ingredients: sodium chloride, essential oil.

:0

Cookie

If you’re the kind of person that thinks smoking bath salts sounds like a good idea, the chances are pretty good you were going to cut your face with a knife anyway.

groundrules
    Participant

hey what are you guys doing this weekend?

misskitty
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>
    hey what are you guys doing this weekend?

Well hey ,
    I have this Comet cleaner.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Heard about this over the weekend visiting some friends in Lexington. Apparently all the head shops there are selling this stuff, bath salts, bug repellent, all kinds of weird shit marketed as fake cocaine, weed, etc. that kids are using to get high. It’s creepy, but they are making a fortune off it so they’ll keep doing it.

JonMyers
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>
    Do people really sit around the house and think “ Gee I wish I was high on something” “hey let’s put those bath crystals in our pipe and smoke it” . Same thing with the Coricidin HBP “ Hey I’m going to eat this entire box of cold medicine and see what happens.”

That’s the exact thought that ran through my mind. Maybe poutpourri will be next.

joev
    Participant

It’s really sad that people think they need to get high.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Let’s just take all of physical known reality and poison ourselves with it to get high. I am going to systematically go through all of my belongings and figure out which ones can be used this way. Bonus: most things that are poisonous will get you high. Thanks, nature!

Just cut out the middleman.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Manatee wrote >>
    That’s why I’ll stick with these kind of bath salt ingredients: sodium chloride, essential oil.
    :0

I like Magnesium Sulfate, straight up, no chaser. Epsom salt FTW!

misskitty
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>

misskitty wrote >>

That’s the exact thought that ran through my mind. Maybe poutpourri will be next.

Right LOL!

But it gets more disturbing when it catches on like wild fire. Now you have people that did not doubt their friend or message board At all when it told them to smoke, inject, snort, or eat something that is not typically the first thing that comes into mind when you think high.

So about that kitty litter…

Andrew Hall

I don’t think the active ingredients were in bath salts and someone discovered that they could get high on them. The psychoactive compounds are relatively new synthetics and thus not scheduled. It is just sold as ‘bath salts’ <nudge nudge wink wink>

A.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    I don’t think the active ingredients were in bath salts and someone discovered that they could get high on them. The psychoactive compounds are relatively new synthetics and thus not scheduled. It is just sold as ‘bath salts’ <nudge nudge wink wink>
    A.

I don’t think my sofa has been scheduled yet. That is why I am cutting it up and smoking it piece by piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION