Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Basil Thai Restaurant in The Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Basil Thai Restaurant in The Short North

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author

JonMyers
    Participant

I went for lunch last Thursday and had the pad thai lunch special. It was really bad. I’ll be taking a break until I hear that things are improving.

ja

Walker wrote >>
    “Make up your own mind” could provide encouragement.
    “For a change” implies that this person always requires other people make their decisions for them. Which is insulting.
    I’m just asking that you keep the unnecessary rudeness out of your comments. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me with the link to the left. Back on topic, please.
    Thanks,
    Walker

If you read the initial post, it implies that she selects restaurants on the basis of other’s reviews. I did not imply that she makes all decisions in life on this basis. You’re allowing your own biases to read things into other’s post that are simply not there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker wrote >>
    If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me with the link to the left. Back on topic, please.

Tenzo
    Participant

Children!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

ja wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

ja wrote >>
    Make up your own mind for a change.

No need to be insulting. Take the rude comments elsewhere.

It wasn’t intended to be insulting, but rather providing a little encouragement and self-confidence.

L
    O
    L

blammo
    Participant

ja wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    “For a change” implies that this person always requires other people make their decisions for them. Which is insulting.
    I’m just asking that you keep the unnecessary rudeness out of your comments. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me with the link to the left. Back on topic, please.
    Thanks,
    Walker

If you read the initial post, it implies that she selects restaurants on the basis of other’s reviews. I did not imply that she makes all decisions in life on this basis. You’re allowing your own biases to read things into other’s post that are simply not there.

you’re a fucking dickhead. and i don’t have to read anything into your posts to see that.

ja

blammo wrote >>

ja wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks,
    Walker

you’re a fucking dickhead. and i don’t have to read anything into your posts to see that.

Now Walker, that’s insulting and truly childlike behavior (i.e., name calllng) Awaiting your admonishment.

Moz

People, people! Let’s all calm down. It’s cocktail hour at my house in 20 minutes. You’re all welcome to come over and chill out with a Manhattan.

To get back on topic…I went to Basil soon after they opened and thought the food was very good, but the service and beer list needed some improvement. The Mister and I are hoping they get better with time.

Tigertree

I had the pad thai last night. It was somewhere in the middle of your reviews. I thought the noodles and sauce were fine, chicken was a little bland. I am happy to give it another try though.

Rastapasta

How are the portions? I’ve been very disappointed with portions at Nida’s.

Tigertree

For 9 bucks I was stuffed enough that I should have saved half for lunch today.

ja

We too took half our meal home for leftovers. We ate the leftovers the next day for lunch and they were every bit as good which says a lot.

jerdo87
    Participant

Had the pad thai and it tasted like it had been heated up in a microwave. Disappointing at best. I am going to stick with Nida’s at this point. It’s just too bad there are two restaurants with very similar menus so close to one another. On the positive I thought the decor of Basil was very nice.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Lemongrass has pretty darn good pad thai and it’s just down the block too, YAY!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    Lemongrass has pretty darn good pad thai and it’s just down the block too, YAY!

I think I need to give Lemongrass another try. I haven’t been there in ages, but I’ve never had anything there I liked. Anything else good there?
    And just a PSA for anyone that doesn’t know. Haiku has the grossest pad thai I’ve ever had the unfortunate opportunity to put in my mouth. GAGFEST.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.