Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Basil Thai Restaurant in The Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Basil Thai Restaurant in The Short North

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Loungin9

I live in Short North and attended opening party for Basil at 4th and High. Really good food and oustanding atmosphere for the location. Prices are reasonable for food and staff is very friendly. It has great service, decor and prices. A really great experience – not the sometimes common – bad service/overpriced food that is lurking these days in my area.

JonMyers
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up. I definitely will give them a try this weekend.

th0m
    Participant

I got a quick sneak peak at the menu, it appeared to be mostly the general Asian fare with Thai fusion and Pad Thai. Opening tonight for the hop!

Core_Models

This is one of the restaurant openings I’ve been really looking forward to (along with Skillet, which I still haven’t made it to). Glad to see positive notes in the first review.

dejitaru
    Participant

Are they open for lunch today or just dinner tonight?

lisathewaitress
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    This is one of the restaurant openings I’ve been really looking forward to (along with Skillet, which I still haven’t made it to). Glad to see positive notes in the first review.

You should go to Skillet right now and have the breakfast risotto because I want it and am probably too lazy to go out of the house until work so I can live vicariously through you.

Core_Models

lol…I swear, I had every plan on doing it today too, but I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old that I have no intention of attempting to take to a restaurant.

I keep reading everyone’s feedback and drooling though.

As far as Basil, any new place serving Pad Thai gets at least a shot from me pretty quick.

joev
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    lol…I swear, I had every plan on doing it today too, but I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old that I have no intention of attempting to take to a restaurant.
    I keep reading everyone’s feedback and drooling though.
    As far as Basil, any new place serving Pad Thai gets at least a shot from me pretty quick.

Skillet does carryout really well! Just sayin’. Call 15 minutes ahead.

Columbusite

It was pretty good. I got the noodle dish with fishcake and for dinner just under $10 ain’t bad, but for lunch it’s too expensive and I’ll probably stick with Lac Viet. Very similar to Nida’s, maybe too much.

howatzer
    Participant

We went last night and thought it was great – especially for opening night. The renovation they did to that space is jaw-dropping. Their menu is much more classic Thai than Nida’s, and they do it very well. Service was flawless. Honestly, if I didn’t live in the neighborhood and just stumbled in, I wouldn’t have had any idea it was opening night.
    A great addition to upper short north!

placebohigh
    Participant

Stopped in with my partner for a drink. Didn’t try any of the food but enjoyed the new look — lots of dark wood, really neat textured floors and a darker look all around (love that). Grabbed a carryout menu and will definitely check out the food sometime soon. I also echo the sentiment that it seems quite similar to Nida’s and I’m kind of surprised how close two Thai places are to one another.

placebohigh
    Participant

my browser froze and apparently reposted this. won’t let me delete it, only edit it. sorry.

placebohigh
    Participant

same here. grr.

Andrew Hall

Does someone know hours, lunch status, ph #?

Thanks,

A.

JonMyers
    Participant

@Andrew – they’re closed on Mondays. They keep normal lunch hours the rest of the week.

We ate there yesterday. The food was awesome, the space was sexy and they’re one of the few restaurants in the Short North that really nailed the lighting. I’ll be there a lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: