Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Basi in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Basi in the Short North

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Walker wrote

Bear wrote So… I realize that I’m kind of new to town. But is this seriously how the residents of Columbus define a “parking problem”?

I was defining the problem more as an annoyance that street parking is not always available directly in front of your own house. I’ve been annoyed by it in the past when I lived on campus and in the Brewery District, and thankfully don’t have to deal with it for the time being. Some days it’s not so bad. Other days it can be a pretty big hassle (trunk full of things to unload).

I guess I’ve never really defined being able to park on my street as a problem. When I visit NYC, SF or CHI I consider myself lucky if i can park in a 3 block radius.

Walker wrote But yeah, I agree with Marymo that valets really need to park where they’re supposed to, if they’re being paid to use the Giant Eagle lot.

for sure.

drew
    Participant

michaelcoyote wrote

Walker wrote But yeah, I agree with Marymo that valets really need to park where they’re supposed to, if they’re being paid to use the Giant Eagle lot.

for sure.

Totally agree as well. I would guess, though, that the valets prefer to use street space first because it makes more people inclined to use valet service when the close street spots are filled.

Schemin’ little boogers…

zp945
    Participant

Does anyone know if Basi takes reservations for the patio or if they can accommodate a party of 6-8? It’s my wife’s 30th birthday on Saturday and we wanted to eat on the patio before heading to Comfest. I tried calling the restaurant but no answer. Thought I’d give CU a try.

aaminian
    Participant

zp945 wrote >>
    Does anyone know if Basi takes reservations for the patio or if they can accommodate a party of 6-8? It’s my wife’s 30th birthday on Saturday and we wanted to eat on the patio before heading to Comfest. I tried calling the restaurant but no answer. Thought I’d give CU a try.

They do not. You just have to show up early and be prepared to wait, although I have to say that their back patio is a VERY nice place to wait (especially with a glass of something nice). I showed up with a group of 7 two weeks around 6:30 and was told that there would be a 2 hour wait for the patio. We were seated in 15 minutes. It was very strange.

zp945
    Participant

Thanks. We will just take our chances. The food and atmosphere is worth a little wait.

dru
    Participant

while they do not take reservations for the patio, i think it is worth while to call them and let them know that you will be arriving with a larger group. they won’t promise anything, but in my experience with this they have been proactive in accommodating it when they are aware.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

You might want to be sure they’re open Comfest weekend. One year they did close over Comfest weekend, I think it was due to parking headaches.

Mmmm…Basi….

tourist19
    Participant

From twitter:

basiitalia basi Italia
    basi will be closed tonight and tomorrow for comfest.We reopen on Tuesday June 28th.

Looks like you’ll have to have a birthday dinner elsewhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: