Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Basi in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Basi in the Short North

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

DAMES BOND

I just had to write about the mussels at Basi. OMG! They were sooooo huge! Sooo tender and Soooooo delicious! I thought G-Michaels had the best mussels ever but I’m now thinking Basi is the Best! What a treat!

When dames bond, dames thrive! http://www.damesbond.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

really are they expensive? i thought lindey’s used to have great mussels. Mussels are my favorite food i get them anywhere I eat, never been to basi or g. Michaels. I might have to drive over, that is if I can find a parking spot there. :D

DAMES BOND

Basi was between $8-$12 for their mussels. I’m telling you, I’ve never seen such HUGE and TENDER mussels. I was amazed! I’ve had them at Lindey’s, GMichaels and elsewhere, but none compare.

Basi urges Valet Parking for $4 but there is plenty of parking on nearby streets. Make your reservations between 5-6 and you are sure to find parking and a great seat. Bon apetite!

Mary B.

When dames bond, dames thrive! http://www.damesbond.com

enzo
    Participant

There may be another Basi thread, but I went last night and have not been in about a year…I love that place sooooooooooooooooooo much. I really want the mannequin on the patio. I had the zucchini appetizer and Hey Mambo wine—fanfreakingtastic.

Bear
    Participant

Ashland wrote I might have to drive over, that is if I can find a parking spot there. :D

They do valet….

alison

DAMES BOND wrote there is plenty of parking on nearby streets. Make your reservations between 5-6 and you are sure to find parking and a great seat.

No! No parking in the neighborhood! Do not force me to park a block away from my apartment! Please!

Actually, I wonder where the valets park cars — it’s not like I can ever find a place to park on my street (Wilber) after 6pm anyway.

Ndcent

alison wrote

DAMES BOND wrote there is plenty of parking on nearby streets. Make your reservations between 5-6 and you are sure to find parking and a great seat.

No! No parking in the neighborhood! Do not force me to park a block away from my apartment! Please!

Actually, I wonder where the valets park cars — it’s not like I can ever find a place to park on my street (Wilber) after 6pm anyway.

Are you telling people wanting to go to a restaurant not to park near it?

Bear
    Participant

Ndcent wrote

alison wrote

Are you telling people wanting to go to a restaurant not to park near it?

They do valet….

Ndcent

So?

alison

Ndcent wrote Are you telling people wanting to go to a restaurant not to park near it?

Nope, just encouraging people to remember it’s in the middle of a residential neighborhood.

Most people don’t give two $hits about inconviencing anyone else, but I think folks here are more aware than that.

Bear
    Participant

Ndcent wrote So?

So people can go to the restaurant, not have to walk far, and not have to take up parking spaces in my the surrounding neighborhood.

enzo
    Participant

I parked at my friends house and we walked together. I saw this car in valet that is a new Chevrolet Malibu, it looks nice…it looks like German engineering/design—had the jetta/bmw look.

Anyway, HEY MAMBO wine is good stuff!

somertimeoh
    Participant

Bear wrote

Ndcent wrote So?

So people can go to the restaurant, not have to walk far, and not have to take up parking spaces in my the surrounding neighborhood.

Yeah, it’s a problem. One of my good friends lived on Hubbard in the building that’s literally right in front of Basi and hard a hard time getting home if he moved his car after work. Sometimes he’d just park at Giant Eagle…which I don’t know why Basi patrons don’t do if they don’t want to pay to valet. I’m surprised the residents haven’t made that area permit parking only. Seems like it would be easy to get people behind that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

somertimeoh wrote I’m surprised the residents haven’t made that area permit parking only. Seems like it would be easy to get people behind that.

+1

If you don’t want non-residents parking in your neighborhood, this is the best way to go.

Ndcent

Walker wrote

somertimeoh wrote I’m surprised the residents haven’t made that area permit parking only. Seems like it would be easy to get people behind that.

+1

If you don’t want non-residents parking in your neighborhood, this is the best way to go.

I understand it to be a petition process that isn’t too terribly difficult.

I’d rather hear that those neighboring residents were in the process of it, than hear them complain about parking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: