Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bars that have Aperol?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Bars that have Aperol?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

danimal
    Participant

Due to my love of Italian culture, I stumbled across a cocktail called an Aperol Spritz, made with an orange Italian liquor, Prosecco, club soda, and an orange slice. It’s a very popular drink in Italy and it looks damn refreshing: Youtube Video

I want to go enjoy one of these somewhere. Does anyone know of bars that carry Aperol?

Aperol Spitz!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

No, but I know a lot that have Campari.

KingLincoln82
    Participant

Off the top of my head, I would say your first go to bars would be Elevator downtown, Giuseppe’s Ritrovo in Bexley and Curio in German Village.

Mouton may carry it, but I am skeptical.

Aperol, aside from the spritz you mentioned, is an unwieldily spirit for a bartender that is unfamiliar with its character and appropriate applications. It ends up being one of those bottles on the back of the bar that collects dust due to patrons not knowing to ask for it and bartenders not knowing how to make good cocktails using it.

Be warned that the taste is “different” if you have not had it before. It is a far cry from the sweet elixirs that are typical of italian alcohols (Amaretto, Frangelico, Limoncello).

Its closest cousin would be Campari. Often consumed in Italy prior to meals as Campari and soda, Campari is the bigger and bolder version of Aperol…if one is to dumb it down to the simplest level.

derm
    derm
    Participant

I would post a facebook question or email to Krista at La Tavola. They might have it at the bar or she might use it to bake.

https://www.facebook.com/latavolaonfirst

dru
    Participant

i’d check with the bar at Rigsbys.
    you could also probably buy a bottle for under $20 at Weilands or another good liquor store.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought a bottle at Barrel & Bottle in the North Market and I’m pretty sure that Seventh Son has it behind their bar in your neighborhood.

RandomVisitor
    Participant

Martini’s in the Short North has Aperol.

They use it as an ingredient in their Grapefruit Gimlet.

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

16 Bit (the barcade) has Aperol and at least one featured cocktail that uses it.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Seventh Son makes a great Aperol spritz. I enjoyed them allll summer :)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’m pretty sure Jury Room doesn’t have it.

danimal
    Participant

thanks for all the helpful replies! now that i’m on the hunt i also saw a bottle at kroger today for like 28 bucks, but i am interested in trying it at a bar.

i will definitely check out seventh son sometime soon. i’m right down the street and haven’t even been there yet. also noted all the other suggestions. thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: