Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Barry's ordered out of North Market

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Barry’s ordered out of North Market

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Deli owner will miss market customers
    Friday, July 23, 2010 02:51 AM

I am the former owner and operator of Barry’s New York Deli. I would like to state that the North Market staff did not do anything to force me out of the market (“Barry’s deli agrees to leave North Market,” Dispatch article, June 4). My poor health was one cause. An acrimonious rift between two individuals was the main cause, as well as actions by a consulting firm and an attorney.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/editorials/stories/2010/07/23/deli-owner-will-miss-market-customers.html?sid%3D101

Andrew Hall

Wonder if certain parties will show the class to apologize for slamming the North Market admin now. Doubt it.

A.

berdawn

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    Wonder if certain parties will show the class to apologize for slamming the North Market admin now. Doubt it.
    A.

and you would be right.

comparing Barry’s to a Starbucks or McDonald’s was lame.

LoudPrincess

Walker wrote >>
    Deli owner will miss market customers
    Friday, July 23, 2010 02:51 AM
    I am the former owner and operator of Barry’s New York Deli. I would like to state that the North Market staff did not do anything to force me out of the market (“Barry’s deli agrees to leave North Market,” Dispatch article, June 4). My poor health was one cause. An acrimonious rift between two individuals was the main cause, as well as actions by a consulting firm and an attorney.
    READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/editorials/stories/2010/07/23/deli-owner-will-miss-market-customers.html?sid%3D101

Dave Wible actually emailed this to me this morning, pointing out Barry’s clarifying the situation. Regardless of blame, or how things actually went down, I’m really sad that it’s gone forever.

Andrew Hall

berdawn wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A.

and you would be right.

Because everything reported, quoted or related in the Dispatch is wholly accurate and complete. Got it.

And because use of a lame analogy is sufficient to engage in personal insult. Got that too.

A.

berdawn

Andrew Hall wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A.

and you would be right.

Because everything reported, quoted or related in the Dispatch is wholly accurate and complete. Got it.
    And because use of a lame analogy is sufficient to engage in personal insult. Got that too.
    A.

That’s great, your weekend is off to a nice start, then!

Mr. Wible hasn’t posted here (as himself, at least) but it’s nice that he’s got people so enthused that if some random person calls him a douche they spring to his defense. Mayor Coleman, Astleford, and every other individual who is head of a public concern discussed on CU should be so lucky as to have you and Walker looking out for their good names.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’m more witty than you, see.

Andrew Hall

berdawn wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A.

and you would be right.

A.

Mr. Wible hasn’t posted here (as himself, at least) but it’s nice that he’s got people so enthused that if some random person calls him a douche they spring to his defense. Mayor Coleman, Astleford, and every other individual who is head of a public concern discussed on CU should be so lucky as to have you and Walker looking out for their good names.

What is so hard about admitting you were wrong, jumped to a conclusion that the NM was beating up on Barry and were tricked by a duplicitous Dispatch article?

A.

berdawn

Andrew Hall wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>
    A.

and you would be right.

A.

What is so hard about admitting you were wrong, jumped to a conclusion that the NM was beating up on Barry and were tricked by a duplicitous Dispatch article?
    A.

What is so hard about admitting Mr. Wible made a stupid statement to the press? Mr. Wible has not said he was misquoted. Surely other people have been called a douche that need your help.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE