Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Barking dogs

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Barking dogs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

nexttuesday
    Participant

My neighbors dogs are barking incessantly and loudly. I called the non-emergency number and an officer came out. I didn’t see if they actually knocked on the door or not, but I’m assuming they did and no one came to the door. So the dogs are still barking. Is there anything I can do now? I would like to study without leaving my house.

sixby9is42

If you’re willing to, try contacting the neighbor with a letter. If that doesn’t work out, contact the city prosecutor (645-7483).

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2008/06/08/2_ETHC0608.ART_ART_06-08-08_E10_K4AA7KL.html?sid=101

kessler
    Participant

Some dogs are still upset about the fireworks from the other night. I know I have 23 this weekend and they are more nervous than normal. and it sounds like a fox hunt when I arrive for their walks.
    when I’m doing bedtime potty walks the still ongoing fireworks aren’t helping at all.
    Also the knocking on the door probably pro-longed the barking.

okay, have you seen the owners recently? I’d suggest talking to them. At home my 2 dogs one would bark all the time while my roomate and I were gone. We found out that closing all the curtains and turning the radio on med level created a noise buffer and stopped the dogs barking.
    just saying.

Core_Models

Yep, closed curtains + TV showing Animal Planet FTW!

Tenzo
    Participant

My neighbor leaves the dogs out from about 10:00 to 12:30 each night.
    Call me old, I go to bed at that time and would rather not be playing the TV loud in another room to cover up the noise.

Where the dogs inside our outside?

Core_Models

Tenzo wrote >>
    My neighbor leaves the dogs out from about 10:00 to 12:30 each night.
    Call me old, I go to bed at that time and would rather not be playing the TV loud in another room to cover up the noise.
    Where the dogs inside our outside?

I got the impression these were dogs inside with the owners not home (thus the suggestion about curtains + animal planet).

Years ago, I lived on Kossuth right by Old Mohawk and the people across the street had 3 beagles they’d put outside at 5 every morning to howl.

I hated them (dogs and neighbors both).

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

barking dogs… all hours… sounds like you live on my street.. ugh.

Tenzo
    Participant

When we were looking at houses about a year ago there was a barking dog at the neighbors. A big black lab that just went nuts. My wife saw the place and told me about the dog. When we both went back together the dog just barked and barked the whole time we were in the place.

We like the home, but I would have gone nuts. So we passed on it for that reason alone.

Wonder if that’s why the previous owners left?

nexttuesday
    Participant

Although it’s something I don’t like about myself, I’m the type that believes the less I talk to my neighbors the better. I introduce myself and am willing to help out if someone gets locked out or whatever, but people get very testy when you criticize them. I try to either ignore it or call the cops if it’s annoying enough.

They left the dogs outside and were not at home. They must have gotten home around 9 or so and brought them in, so they were out there for between 2 and 3 hours. This isn’t the first time they’ve barked constantly, just the first time I’ve been mad enough to call.

Eventually I ended up 1)Recording the dog’s barking so I can post it later on youtube 2)Finding the owner’s name and email and anonymously emailing her to tell her that she should control her dogs. She wrote back and said that her dog wasn’t barking when she got home. Haha. My boyfriend said “That’s because it was tired of barking for the past 2 hours.” At least maybe she will realize that she shouldn’t leave it out when she’s not there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: