Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bareburger N. High/Weisheimer

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Bareburger N. High/Weisheimer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Feldyd01
    Participant

☆REMINDER☆: Vote YES on issues #28A & 28B to sell beer, wine and spirits to customers over the age of 21. Your YES vote are critical to the success of this locally-owned business!
    Bareburger is scheduled to open in the spring of 2016 at the southeast corner of North High and Weisheimer. This location is locally owned and operated by Ohio State graduates and Columbus residents. They know and understand the area…and have shown this through the inclusion of 52 parking spots at the site!
    They want to meet the expectations of their customers; this includes the ability to have a beer, glass of wine or a mixed drink with dinner. We ask for your support by voting YES on issues 28A & 28B on Tuesday, November 3rd. Thank you!!

Nancy H
    Participant

From what I can tell the proposed Bareburger is in a dry district, and only people in that precinct get to vote on these issues.

Kilgore Trout
    Kilgore Trout
    Participant

Yes, it’s Columbus District 22-G only.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

How did this turn out?

DouginCMH
    Participant

All 11 Clintonville liquor options passed in last week’s election:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/2015/11/03/clintonville-liqour-options.html

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

All 11 Clintonville liquor options passed in last week’s election:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/2015/11/03/clintonville-liqour-options.html

Wow, this is such a switch. I remember when Scotty McBean’s couldn’t get a beer & wine license and folded just a few blocks from there. I wonder what changed? Area got more liberal maybe? Most of this district is on the west side of High St., which used to be pretty republican; I used to see a lot of Deborah Pryce signs there.

I’m always surprised when I hear anti-government, libertarian conservatives turnout in large numbers to prevent a legitimate business from selling a legal product via a bureaucracy. Maybe they finally realize the irony.

Nancy H
    Participant

I was kind of shocked too, especially the permits that are not business specific. Did find it odd that the vote with the slimmest passing margin was the Graceland Krogers for Sunday sales. People picking up a bottle of wine or six pack for home consumption most certainly doesn’t negatively impact a neighborhood.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

A “hip” business district will boost the price of homes in the area. So, if you can put up with a little extra friday night traffic it will pay-off down the road when it’s tine to sell and retire.

DouginCMH
    Participant

While I know the ‘ville has a reputation for shooting down requests of this type, I think it’s actually been a while since such a ballot measure has failed. For whatever reason, a tipping point was reached at some point in the past decade, and these measures now normally pass with substantial margins.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

The area on high between Henderson and Morse used to be kind of seedy. It was full of used car lots and there was a dodgy hot tub place. Maybe the types of businesses requesting licenses changed for the better?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE