Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bareburger

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Bareburger

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

penny440
    Participant

Bareburger Columbus will be having its’ Grand Opening tomorrow, Friday the 28th of March at 11am! They will be open from 11am – 12am Friday and Saturday and 11am – 5pm on Sunday. Monday through Thursday hours are 11am – 10pm.

463 North High St
    Please visit the website for more details: http://www.bareburger.com

News
    Participant

First Look: Bareburger Columbus
    March 28, 2014 9:45 am – Ayana Wilson

Bareburger’s concept is tested, proven, and a better alternative for those who still want to indulge in a good, juicy burger without feeling guilty about it. Bareburger offers 15 signature burgers, but customers can create-their-own using the organic produce and grass-fed meats on the menu.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-bareburger-columbus-aw1

surber17
    Participant

Went for lunch today. The build out was great, the food was also really good, but the price is too high for me to go back often. Bison burger with 3 dollar tip ended up being $19.00 ….. that’s too high for a burger.

Participant

Went for lunch today. The build out was great, the food was also really good, but the price is too high for me to go back often. Bison burger with 3 dollar tip ended up being $19.00 ….. that’s too high for a burger.

was it organic? if so that seems about right. isn’t bison supposed to be healthier too? For what its worth, i’m pretty frugal when eating out, but will pay more for healthy options.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Boutique food, boutique prices.

Don’t think it’s any healthier than anything else, but depends on what one means by “healthy”. Could still be too many calories if one is trying to lose weight, not enough if gaining, the buns may have to go if paleo, the meat if vegetarian, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

surber17
    Participant

It was organic and bison was grass fed I believe.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I haven’t been in yet, but from their website it looks like they have one main burger menu. So I’d agree that $19 for lunch sounds pricey, but it sounds more reasonable for a dinner pricetag.

honestlyinsincere
    Participant

I went yesterday for lunch. The food was fantastic, and the service was great. The owner introduced himself to my table, and even said he would work on getting malt vinegar for the fries after I asked for some.

My meal came out to $17, and I left a $3 tip, so definitely not an economical lunch spot.

I will certainly return to try out their very diverse menu, which includes wraps and salads. This is not a burger joint. I’m very happy these entrepreneurs chose to introduce this franchise to Columbus!

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I went for dinner with a group of friends on Tuesday. I really like how they did the interior, it’s neat how they have a bar in the front and back of the building. Drinks weren’t anything too special, but you can get a pretty big pitcher of craft beer for like $20, which wasn’t a bad deal. But the food, wow, the food was absolutely incredible. I had an elk burger which was delicious. They also have a couple of specialty sauces for their fries which were also amazing. Everyone in our group really enjoyed what they had.

I can see how it’d be a bit expensive for lunch, but pricing isn’t bad for dinner.

DLDude
    Participant

In terms of pricing, I’d like to know if the prices are the same as they are in NYC. If so, why? Surely even organic food in rural Ohio is much cheaper than importing it into NYC? Are people in Columbus ready to pay NYC prices for food?

mbeaumont
    Participant

Most of the burgers at Bareburger are about $10-12. They run a little higher if you get elk, boar, lamb, etc, about $12-14 depending on the style.

The burgers at Harvest are all around $14, the cheeseburger at Northstar is $15 and the fish sandwich is $17, Skillet burgers typically run about $14, 3rd and Hollywood’s burger is $16, The Rossi burger is $12. Those are some of the best burgers in the city.

So I think Bareburger is priced pretty well for gourmet burgers in Columbus. They’re actually on the cheaper end for beef.

So if these are “NYC prices for food”, yes Columbus is ready for it. We’re already, if the popularity of those burgers is anything to go on, happily paying it.

derm
    derm
    Participant

I am not so big into the twenty bucks with tip for a burger joint.

Rife’s will sell me two pounds of Grade A Prime chuck and a pack of buns, local tomatoes, local cheese, a head of lettuce and sweet corn here in a couple months and I can make eight of them for that price once grilling season is here. Seasonal and local, right?

If I need a sandwich fix in the meantime I will go to HaePauls. The late night snack will curl your toes for under ten bucks. We have not arrived as a city because we pay NYC prices. One thing that sets us apart from NYC is that twenty minutes out of town a farmer will sell you grass fed meat for a fraction of this cost. This aint a chef making you a burger here folks.

mbeaumont
    Participant

You can get a burger at Bareburger for $9. So let’s not go overboard, people. And yes, you can cook at home for cheaper than you can eat out. This isn’t new.

DLDude
    Participant

Went to Bareburger last night. My NYC pricing fears were completely unfounded! Definitely not a quick lunch price, but certainly a reasonable dinner price. No worse than North Star. The biggest thing I noticed was $6 for a 20oz beer! Heck that’s better than most bars! Atmosphere was great, tons of selection. It’s not somewhere I could afford to dine at weekly, but definitely a place to go when a group of us want something special. Kudos Bareburger

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Most of the burgers at Bareburger are about $10-12. They run a little higher if you get elk, boar, lamb, etc, about $12-14 depending on the style.

The burgers at Harvest are all around $14, the cheeseburger at Northstar is $15 and the fish sandwich is $17, Skillet burgers typically run about $14, 3rd and Hollywood’s burger is $16, The Rossi burger is $12. Those are some of the best burgers in the city.

So I think Bareburger is priced pretty well for gourmet burgers in Columbus. They’re actually on the cheaper end for beef.

So if these are “NYC prices for food”, yes Columbus is ready for it. We’re already, if the popularity of those burgers is anything to go on, happily paying it.

I agree with all of this, apart from using Northstar as a pricing meter for anything ever…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE