Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bar Party Room Rentals?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Bar Party Room Rentals?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

christinem91
    Participant

Hi All,

I am seeking advice on where I should host a party for about 60-90 people in the Short North/Arena/Grandview/Campus area. Do you know of any party rooms that are free or fairly cheap to rent? We were hoping to have a bartender for drinks and bring our own snacks. Any suggestions that I could look into would be sincerely appreciated!!!

Josh Rice
    Participant

Free or low cost space for rent that involves alcohol is almost impossible to find. It’s because the space has to be licensed and insured to serve alcohol. Plus you usually have to pay for the setup and clean up of the room and any staff necessary to run the event. The local breweries are your best choice for a space that serves alcohol and allows you to bring in your own food because most of them don’t offer their own foodservice. Most of them have private or semi-private spaces available. Some can accommodate your group outside of normal operating hours. Another choice might be something like an American Legion. I know members families are allowed to use the space for little to no cost.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Seventh Son rents their back room for pretty cheap. I’m not sure what the max capacity is though.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I know Strongwater has a very nice party room, but I don’t know their rates. It’s a little outside your target area, but not by much. Plus, that almost certainly makes it cheaper than a similar place in the Short North.

If you’re willing to do a little further south, I think Via Vecchia does reasonable rentals, based on the assumption you’ll be buying a fair amount of their product (wine).

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I wouldn’t assume that just because Strongwater isn’t in the short north that it’s cheap. It is a full service event space, so you will have to meet a bar minimum, and you won’t be able to bring in your own food. Bringing in your own food will be pretty challenging anywhere that has a food service operation d/t liability issues. If you’re looking to bring in your own bartender and booze, that would probably also rule out a place that already has a liquor license…as someone already mentioned. Some places will consider waiving a room rental fee for nonprofits though…if that might happen to be the case.

playerpiano
    Participant

I believe Wild Goose Creative is fairly cheap and allows for outside food and drink.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO