Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

1831 Tavern - Balls, Bar, More (New Restaurant Replacing The Jury Room)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining 1831 Tavern – Balls, Bar, More (New Restaurant Replacing The Jury Room)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

“Chichis” is slang for titties.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

“Chichis” is slang for titties.

I always loved Titties, their seafood enchiladas were the bomb.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I’ve had some good lunch buffets there.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GirlsAgainstBalls wrote:</div>
    OK, so my first post wasn’t taken seriously?

Don’t feel bad, Virgin posts to the message board by someone who’s username is directly associated with the title of the thread are never taken seriously.

Hey take it easy with the innuendo, bro. We know what you meant by “virgin”. Frankly, I’m offended, and thought CU was better than this.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>vestanpance wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GirlsAgainstBalls wrote:</div><br>

Don’t feel bad, Virgin posts to the message board by someone who’s username is directly associated with the title of the thread are never taken seriously.

Hey take it easy with the innuendo, bro. We know what you meant by “virgin”. Frankly, I’m offended.

+1, offended here.

I am so behind on this (no pun intended). I don’t understand how both “Hooters” and “Balls” can be simultaneously offensive to women. I can see how one could be offensive, but the other one (whichever that is) would be offensive to men . . . right?

Or maybe both terms are offensive to people, generally, and not a particular gender?

Maybe I should re-read.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I am so behind on this (no pun intended). I don’t understand how both “Hooters” and “Balls” can be simultaneously offensive to women. I can see how one could be offensive, but the other one (whichever that is) would be offensive to men . . . right?

Or maybe both terms are offensive to people, generally, and not a particular gender?

Maybe I should re-read.

No, you’re in the right mindframe, unless you go out of your way to find things to be offended about. If you think hard enough, you can find reasons to be offended about nearly anything.

A great example being people thinking that a meatball restaurant called “Balls”, or simply the word itself, has misogynistic overtones.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Miriam Bowers Abbott wrote:</div>

Maybe I should re-read.

No, you’re in the right mainframe, unless you go out of your way to find things to be offended about. If you think hard enough, you can find reasons to be offended about nearly anything.

A great example being people thinking that a meatball restaurant called “Balls”, or simply the word itself, has misogynistic overtones.

“MAINFRAME”??? She has a legitimate question and your first instinct is to call her a computer!? Women are not computers, they are people. How offensive.

drew
    Participant

Exactly! I AM MORE THAN JUST THE CONTENTS OF MY PLUM PURSE!

Eyes up here, missy.

rus
    rus
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mister Shifter wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GirlsAgainstBalls wrote:</div><br><br>

Hey take it easy with the innuendo, bro. We know what you meant by “virgin”. Frankly, I’m offended.

+1, offended here.

SOMEONE needs to check their privilege. +2 offended.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Man, this place is getting so much attention based solely on it’s name. Whether you decide to go or not, the name of the restaurant is getting out there and being talked about. Some pretty good marketing if you ask me. I couldn’t care less about the name, but now I’m even more interested in how this place does. :)

GeeDee
    Participant

“Balls” is a much better name for a restaurant than “Cray”. But I suppose that’s a pretty low hurdle.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GirlsAgainstBalls wrote:</div><br>

Hey take it easy with the innuendo, bro. We know what you meant by “virgin”. Frankly, I’m offended, and thought CU was better than this.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

“Balls” is a much better name for a restaurant than “Cray”. But I suppose that’s a pretty low hurdle.

This is most intelligent post in this entire thread.

MRipley
    Participant

Avoid the balls on a bun at all cost.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: