Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Babushka's Kitchen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Babushka’s Kitchen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    Slightly off-topic, but if you’re shopping for Eastern European ingredients and products, consider the little Russian store in Linworth.

why do I not know of this place?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

It’s the little (LITTLE) yellow house on the same side of 161 & the tracks as the bookstore in the old church. The sign says Russian Club but the grocery door faces the alley on the east side.

deraj1013
    Participant

Even though I’m a vegetarian, as a good Polish boy I want to see czarnina and kiszka on the menu.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

My family is Lithuanian, from farther north, and the cuisine is more plain. Some of this Polish cuisine resembles those of Ukraine, Belarus, the Czech Republic, etc., we didn’t have tomato and eggplant. We didn’t have pierogis but we have kuldunai which are basically the same thing but smaller. Ours are filled with ground beef, with marjoram.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    It’s the little (LITTLE) yellow house on the same side of 161 & the tracks as the bookstore in the old church. The sign says Russian Club but the grocery door faces the alley on the east side.

thanks! I’m going to check this out.

columbusfoodie
    Participant

vestanpance wrote >>

alexs wrote >>

thanks! I’m going to check this out.

Yup, the Deli is run by the same couple that ran Hawa Russia – you’ll find a lot of the same stuff they offered in the restaurant. We special order piroshki from them from time to time.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Check out the various jars of roasted pepper and/or eggplant, and some of the pepper sauces like lecho or adjvar. I think they get their bread on Thursdays.

Don’t skip the little freezer … dumplings and cheese blinitzes …

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Back to Babushka’s Kitchen news.

Their sign is up in front of the location as of Friday.

A peek in the window shows a lot of progress.

“Dear Santa,
    Please bring me pierogi’s.
    CMH Gourmand”

phaedrus
    Participant

As of last night the sign out front now reads that they are hiring for 10-4 shifts.

bob.os
    Participant

Sounds like a great addition to Beechwold. Here’s hoping they maintain a much better relationship with the neighbors than Scotties did.

Babushka

Babushka’s Kitchen, Clintonville, is hiring for all positions and times. The hours will be:
    Tuesday-Thursday 11am-9pm
    Friday-Saturday 11am-10pm
    Sunday 11am-4pm

Management is accepting applications between 10am-4pm Monday-Friday. We are expecting a late January open.

Stay informed by checking out our facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Babushkas-Kitchen-Clintonville/114575385280300, or by signing up for our news letter at http://www.babushkafoods.com.

Lakee911
    Participant

Phat, yo!

What’s the addy? I actually don’t know where Scottie McBean used to be … *shame*

Twixlen
    Participant

I love restaurants that have websites – but I’ll never understand why they expend so much effort into putting a personal story on the front page of the website. Sure, it’s nice for it to be there, somewhere behind a secondary link – but that story doesn’t help people find your place of business. Hours, address & menu should be the prominent features.

Cookie

Never said about restaurant websites.[/url]

DavidF
    Participant

Checked out the menu online. I want, nay, I need to have these dishes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: