Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Babushka's Kitchen

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Babushka’s Kitchen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Not sure if it’s open yet, but I love me some eastern European foods! Perfect for winter.

Quote:
    Take one part of the old Slavic Village neighborhood, two parts of Grandma’s recipes, a pinch of North American flavors and a heaping spoonful of passion for delicious food and you’ve uncovered the secret of Babushka’s Kitchen. Our Polish Heritage food is the way we remember it from our family. Hand rolled stuffed cabbages, delicious over-sized pierogi, flakey and delicate kolachky pastries. Stop by our quick service cafe for lunch or dinner today!

Columbus here we come! The lease is signed and now the work begins to bring you a Babushka’s Kitchen of your own. Located in the eclectic Columbus suburb of CLINTONVILLE, this will be our biggest Babaushka’s Kitchen yet!

All three locations will serve the same great food that our original NORTHFIELD CENTER location has brought to you for over five years. Join our eNewsletter at the bottom of this page to stay up to date on our progress and to receive a personal invitation to our GRAND OPENING PARTIES!

http://www.babushkafoods.com/

ssnyder5

The Clintonville location is supposed to be opening soon at the old Scottie Mcbean.

pinkgloomy
    Participant

Passed by the space the other day and was wondering about it. Can’t wait!

zp945
    Participant

This is the first I’ve heard of this. It sounds great and I’m really glad Clintonville is getting another food option. I know that location had some issues and it looks like this will be a good fit. Hurry up and open.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Saweeeeet. I lurve Polish food.

tourist19
    Participant

KOLACHKIES!!!!

columbusfoodie
    Participant

I did a review of their location Cleveland a few years back:
    http://www.columbusfoodie.com/2006/11/16/cleveland-edition-babushkas-kitchen/

Please ignore the crappy pictures, this was near the beginning of my blogging and was 3 cameras ago, LOL. But had a great experience there. Glad to hear they’re coming to Columbus, I’ve been wanting them to do just that for years. :)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

if we could only get a czech place I would be really happy.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

if we could only get a czech place I would be really happy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Halushska and Kielbasa for supper last night. Homemade egg noodles w/sauteed cabbage and onions and sliced Kielbasa, crispy on the edges. Lacked a traditional Polish condiment-beets and horseradish. I mix up a big jar every Easter and it’s always gone in no time. Do you recall it at Babushka’s, columbusfoodie?

columbusfoodie
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>
    Halushska and Kielbasa for supper last night. Homemade egg noodles w/sauteed cabbage and onions and sliced Kielbasa, crispy on the edges. Lacked a traditional Polish condiment-beets and horseradish. I mix up a big jar every Easter and it’s always gone in no time. Do you recall it at Babushka’s, columbusfoodie?

Not sure – back in 2006 when I went I wasn’t a fan of either (horseradish or beets), although I love both now. You can always ask the owner, he’s always open to communication. Or if you’re looking for somewhere local to buy such a thing, I’d check the Euro Delicatessen over near Galloway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

columbusfoodie wrote >>

0Angle wrote >>

Not sure – back in 2006 when I went I wasn’t a fan of either (horseradish or beets), although I love both now. You can always ask the owner, he’s always open to communication. Or if you’re looking for somewhere local to buy such a thing, I’d check the Euro Delicatessen over near Galloway.

Most grocery stores usually have it available, but I’d be curious to taste how somebody like Babushka would do it…

racheltb
    Participant

Sign on the scottie mcbean’s place says opening soon. Can’t wait to see something in that space!

mazzyD

Any new word on when this might be opening?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Slightly off-topic, but if you’re shopping for Eastern European ingredients and products, consider the little Russian store in Linworth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: