Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Attention: if you go to Ravari Room

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Attention: if you go to Ravari Room

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    Yeah, but apparently towing cars at $50 a pop is even easier money.

Well yea, if you only want your company to be thought of as completely heartless assholes.

blammo
    Participant

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

thefiercelime
    Participant

I use to park on the other side of high street right across from the drugstore or behind Oldfield’s on High if the Ravari lot was full. Shamrock. They got the sham part right. I’m a big fan of the music genre, though. Kids love sham rock.

Coreroc

Seems to me like even when the gas station was open for business folks didn’t seem to care about parking there despite the signs threatening towing.

Really seems like Houndogs or whomever should open up that grass lot for parking just behind the actual lot.

blammo
    Participant

Sadly, that large grass lot behind Houndogs (where they used to have that sweet-ass music/skateboard party) is now fenced off & under development.

Well maybe it’s not sad that they’re doing something with that lot, but I will miss the skateboarding event.

pixiecrinkle
    Participant

I’ve noticed that Patrick J’s has been changing their signs on football Saturdays to read “Don’t park at gas station – they tow”. Good folks :)

misskitty
    Participant

The one thing I hate about pretty much anyplace off High St. past First is the parking situation. Between the Parking permits and Shamrock it sucks. One good thing about the West Side you can park where ever you want no permit necessary.

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

Does anyone see the Irony in customers of “Shamrock” being totally unlucky?

bababoohi

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

bababoohi wrote >>
    Thanks for the warning. And I agree, it would be nice if people could just park there. But let’s face it, if someone slips on ice or a car gets broken into or someone’s harassed by a “roustabout” or Hael throws a bunch of nails on the pavement and 10 cars have flat tires, who is going to get a call? The owners of the property. By “allowing” people to park there they take on liability. I haven’t paid attention but if Mister Shifter is right then they’re giving you fair warning. I’m not saying it’s not a “trap”, but if there’s a sign then it’s on you.
    Fortunately there is plenty of parking within reasonable walking distance.

Well golly gee, how do we have parking lots then if there is liability? Seems there is a missed opportunity to get some easy revenue in that area by the lot owner. $5 a car, 3 nights a week is easy money.
    Signs mean nothing if they are not visible. Just look at the Sloopy’s thread.

Well golly gee, I think it’s called an insurance policy. Something you wouldn’t buy if people aren’t supposed to park there….genius. It’s easy to say things like this without giving it much thought, but consider things like future plans for the property, how many cars could you park in there, who owns the property? Perhaps the land has a special permit/zoning that allows it to only be used as a gas station due to environmental reasons.
    I assure you I’m not trying to defend them, just trying to put another perspective out there. It’s not always someone just trying to be an a-hole….

bababoohi

Noticed that there are big piles of dirt on the lot now. Not sure what they’re doing there, maybe digging up the old fuel tanks or something. This is probably why they didn’t want people parking there, which makes sense.

Coreroc

They have been using this for a staging area for the local cunstruction for over a year now. The tanks have been dug up thus the dirt holes there and I highly doubt that Shamrock owns the property. I fully assume they are the ones that tow from the property though.

bababoohi

Coreroc wrote >>
    They have been using this for a staging area for the local cunstruction for over a year now. The tanks have been dug up thus the dirt holes there and I highly doubt that Shamrock owns the property. I fully assume they are the ones that tow from the property though.

Yeah, that’s my guess too. Sometimes people need to know that the owner isn’t trying to be mean or trick anyone. If there’s a no parking sign there, then don’t park there. As a rule of thumb, if I don’t know if I am allowed to park somewhere, I don’t park there.

Pablo
    Participant

FYI – The site is going to be a Turkey Hill gas station. Building permit (Permit CBLD0928955) can be viewed here:
    https://citizenaccess.columbus.gov/citizenaccess/

Schoolboy
    Participant

blammo wrote >>
    Yeah, but apparently towing cars at $50 a pop is even easier money.

$50? seriously? what reality do you live in, because i would love to live there.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    The 11th worst trend in dining, chefs who secretly own towing companies.

Please explain

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE