Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Attention: if you go to Ravari Room

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Attention: if you go to Ravari Room

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Trixie
    Participant

DO NOT park in the abandoned gas station next store. You USED to be able to park there however, Mr. Trixie and a few other friends were towed from the lot last night. Shamrock (shocking, I know) owns that lot now. DO NOT PARK THERE!

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Thanks for the PSA, Trixie!

lisathewaitress
    Participant

yeah I guess they just want to keep that eyesore reserved for the roustabouts on break from their trips to the liquor store.

Trixie
    Participant

Just thought I’d bump this to the top so more people can read… booooooooooooo Shamrock.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

thanks for the tip. how redonkulous.

JonMyers
    Participant

Does Shamrock really own the lot? Jeez, I hope not.

These kind of property owners – the one’s that buy, hold forever and create a community nuisance should start being taxed to high hell if they have no real plans to do anything.

What’s even worse about this case is that the spot is not only a boarded-up eyesore, but also a secret lair for Shamrock trucks to lurk around. The whole system is so predatory and disgusting.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

The last time I drove by a few weeks ago I saw a huge sign saying you can’t park here, etc.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The 11th worst trend in dining, chefs who secretly own towing companies.

Hael

unejoliefille wrote >>
    What’s even worse about this case is that the spot is not only a boarded-up eyesore, but also a secret lair for Shamrock trucks to lurk around. The whole system is so predatory and disgusting.

I just had an image of a bunch of nails littering the asphalt of this secret lair.

blammo
    Participant

I ALMOST parked there on Saturday but it looked like a trap! Sucks that if you’re gonna have a shitty, vacant lot on High St., people can’t even get some use out of it by parking there.

I guess Shamrock is squeezing some income out of it though…bleah. Just park on Indianola if you’re headed to Ravari & there’s no spaces left in the lot behind it.

bababoohi

Thanks for the warning. And I agree, it would be nice if people could just park there. But let’s face it, if someone slips on ice or a car gets broken into or someone’s harassed by a “roustabout” or Hael throws a bunch of nails on the pavement and 10 cars have flat tires, who is going to get a call? The owners of the property. By “allowing” people to park there they take on liability. I haven’t paid attention but if Mister Shifter is right then they’re giving you fair warning. I’m not saying it’s not a “trap”, but if there’s a sign then it’s on you.
    Fortunately there is plenty of parking within reasonable walking distance.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I drove by there very early this morning (~5am) and several people were sleeping in the center of the lot, bundled up close to where the shop used to be.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

bababoohi wrote >>
    Thanks for the warning. And I agree, it would be nice if people could just park there. But let’s face it, if someone slips on ice or a car gets broken into or someone’s harassed by a “roustabout” or Hael throws a bunch of nails on the pavement and 10 cars have flat tires, who is going to get a call? The owners of the property. By “allowing” people to park there they take on liability. I haven’t paid attention but if Mister Shifter is right then they’re giving you fair warning. I’m not saying it’s not a “trap”, but if there’s a sign then it’s on you.
    Fortunately there is plenty of parking within reasonable walking distance.

Well golly gee, how do we have parking lots then if there is liability? Seems there is a missed opportunity to get some easy revenue in that area by the lot owner. $5 a car, 3 nights a week is easy money.

Signs mean nothing if they are not visible. Just look at the Sloopy’s thread.

blammo
    Participant

Yeah, but apparently towing cars at $50 a pop is even easier money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE