Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Atlas Building - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Atlas Building – News & Updates

This topic contains 81 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    loudiamondtabs
    loudiamondtabs
    Participant

I looked at some apartments at the Atlas last February. It really has some nice open floor plans with great windows. The finish on the units I saw weren’t that great however. Most notable was the floor. They had placed a laminate wood looking flooring down, without having leveled the subfloor. In several apartments, the sub floor had some serious sag and high points. Now they only had a few units completed, and said they were planning on fixing the flooring, so I hope they took care of the issue. That being said, the views from that building were pretty spectacular with the Leveque Tower looming overhead, and High street stretching away into the distance.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just heard that the micro grocery store is “on hold” and a lease has not been signed (which is why details have been sparse). It’s not a dead project though. May have more updates next week.
    Stay tuned! ;)

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I’m assuming this is dead now, right?

(Sorry, this is in reply to Walker’s comment about the grocery store.)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m assuming this is dead now, right?

(Sorry, this is in reply to Walker’s comment about the grocery store.)

I think it’s less that it’s dead… and more that the news announcement was premature. I don’t believe a lease was ever signed, so this was never an official thing.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

That’s a very diplomatic way to say “yea, it’s dead”

mbeaumont
    Participant

That’s a very diplomatic way to say “yea, it’s dead”

I think what Walker is saying is that it was never really ‘alive’.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think what Walker is saying is that it was never really ‘alive’.

Yup.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.