Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Atlas Building - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Atlas Building – News & Updates

This topic contains 81 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author

jOHnH
    Participant

That has to be the “penthouse” or the top floor suite right? Pretty amazing, wonder how the rest of the units look. Great view with those amazing arch windows.

goldenidea
    Participant

Anyone interested in touring the building with us? ;)

Sign me up too.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Wow. That is amazing.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

@Walker- Yes, potentially interested in renting when the building is complete.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Great renders! Both the second floor and top floor have arched windows. It will be awesome to have this building occupied again. Hope they have some success getting retail tenants into the ground floor as well!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone interested in touring the building with us? ;)

That’d be awesome, what time?

Stay tuned! ;) Details coming!

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Walker, are you planning on doing an interview with them anytime soon? I’m curious to know if they have long term plans to redevelop the surface lot north of the building into more apartments and a parking garage. I know for the mean time its only going to be used for parking.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walker, are you planning on doing an interview with them anytime soon? I’m curious to know if they have long term plans to redevelop the surface lot north of the building into more apartments and a parking garage. I know for the mean time its only going to be used for parking.

I heard somewhere along the line second-hand that there was a plan in place to build a modern addition on that lot that would include some sort of ground-floor retail, parking deck and additional residential units on top. Probably something similar to the modern addition to The Brunson Building, but not as tall. Maybe 5 or 6 floors.

If what I heard was correct, that plan was contingent upon some sort of big subsidy from the City of Columbus, which wasn’t able to materialize, so the addition was scrapped.

Again, totally second-hand info, so that might not be true at all. But if it is true, then perhaps it could still happen in the future.

News
    Participant

Pre-Leasing Begins for Atlas Building Apartments
    July 4, 2014 7:15 am – Brent Warren

Floorplans and pricing have been released for the latest addition to the downtown apartment market; 98 units in the historic Atlas Building at the corner of North High and East Long streets. Developer Schiff Capital Group has been working on renovating the building, which most recently held offices, since last spring.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/pre-leasing-begins-for-atlas-building-apartments-bw1

tonloc620
    Participant

Walker the parking garage and retail was proposed by a prior developer but the city was not interested so that lot will stay as a surface parking lot for the foreseeable future.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Is a new build on the adjacent parking lot back in the picture? Or, (more likely) does this quote from an article in today’s Dispatch just mean that the lot will be reserved by the Atlas apartments and therefore no longer available for use by the public?

“A lot on N. High Street north of Long Street behind the Atlas Building is being converted into apartments. That will result in a loss of 115 spaces, said Joel Furno, chief executive of ParkOps, which manages four lots.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2014/12/10/spaces-for-rent.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Or, (more likely) does this quote from an article in today’s Dispatch just mean that the lot will be reserved by the Atlas apartments and therefore no longer available for use by the public?

I’m pretty sure that’s the scenario there. It just wasn’t worded properly in that article.

Urban Living
    Urban Living
    Keymaster

JAL
    Participant

News
    Participant

Micro Grocery Store Opening Downtown in The Atlas Building
    July 9, 2015 10:47 am – Walker Evans

Downtown residents, workers and visitors will soon have another new grocery store option, when a small square foot convenience-style shop opens inside The Atlas building at 8 East Long Street. Ryan McGahan, National Marketing Director at Homestead America (the leasing management company at The Atlas) confirmed the news today. Full details on the new 2,500 square foot store will be made available next week, but it is expected to focus on a mix of fresh and convenience items.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/micro-grocery-store-opening-downtown-in-the-atlas-building

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.