Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Artist Seeking Affordable Studio Space

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Artist Seeking Affordable Studio Space

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

timothyb2020

Hello!

I am a Screenprinter/Illustrator looking for a space to start my business and print shop. I would love to have a converted warehouse/industrial studio somewhere within 10 minutes of downtown columbus. I need at least 250sq ft (something around 400sg ft would be more ideal, but I am on a tight budget), large windows w/ natural light, tall ceilings, plumbing for a slop sink, freight elevator and a large bay door. If any one has any ideas or has heard of any places that could accommodate, please contact me!!

Thank you. All the best,

Timothy B.

susank

timothyb2020

Thank you. I have sent out messages to get in contact with both 400 west rich and Wonderland. Unfortunately Milo arts is a bit too expensive for my budget. I am in a 200sq ft studio right now at Millworks, ideally I would like something under $200/month.

Graybeak
    Participant

well, and isn’t Milo on the brink of not existing anymore either?

CU Thread

Graybeak
    Participant

Here is a previous, similar thread.

artist studio space

Coy
    Participant

Dudelocker might work for you….
    https://www.facebook.com/dudelocker

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

timothyb2020 said:
    Thank you. I have sent out messages to get in contact with both 400 west rich and Wonderland. Unfortunately Milo arts is a bit too expensive for my budget. I am in a 200sq ft studio right now at Millworks, ideally I would like something under $200/month.

I think your gonna be hard pressed to find 250 to 400 sqft with all the TI you mentioned plus natural light and utilities included for under 200 a month. We have lots of options at 400 feel free to contact and take tour. Jen may have recieved your inquiry earlier today too.

timothyb2020

I think youre right, Chris. It will probably be hard to come by, but I’ll keep my options open. I’ll be setting up a tour with Jen someday soon. Thanks

News
    Participant

Millworks Offers Low Cost Studio Space for Local Artists
    February 27, 2015 11:34 am – Walker Evans

“As it is well known, artists add value to neighborhoods,” stated Bonnie Katz. “And all too often, they are priced out of newly gentrified areas which they actually may have been instrumental in transforming. Columbus is home to a rich, diverse, and enormous community of individuals who need safe, affordable studio space.”

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/millworks-offers-low-cost-studio-space-for-local-artists

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: