Our City Online

Messageboard - Art Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Art al Fresco: Short North Arts District 9-10-11

Home Forums Events Art Events Art al Fresco: Short North Arts District 9-10-11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Diesha

The Short North Arts District will host this daylong event celebrating the artistic spirit of Columbus. Visual and performing artists from all across the region will come to share talents and create art live throughout the district! Visual artists will install whimsical, thought-provoking exhibits in unexpected venues throughout the Short North.

Performance artists will take over display windows and the streets to entertain passersby. The entire Short North will serve as their stage and their gallery for a day. The event will inspire, engage and amuse visitors while spotlighting the power of public art. Come join us for this interactive day of experiential art!

Invite your friends via our facebook event page and see what artists are participating!

Time: 12:00pm – 10:00pm

Diesha

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Took a quick walk through the SN this evening and aside from what was going on at the former Ibiza space and a small installation at La Fogata, there wasn’t really a ton of al fresco art work out. If I recall, in past years there had been the painted bikes near Tigertree, and the yarn bomb tree near Bodega to name some standout pieces. Perhaps this year was under promoted, or I was out too early?

Merion Village Mama
    Participant

@ Mrs. Geedeck – We (the hubs and I) planned a SN date night around it and were disappointed with what we saw, or didn’t see I should say. Shame on me for not printing out a map of the locations for the art, but I really didn’t think they’d be that difficult to find.

We did get to enjoy the beautiful weather and a nice dinner/drinks at Rossi, but I wish we would have seen more of the event I dragged my husband down there to see (he DVR’d the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game for this and we had a sitter for the baby.)

Based off of what we saw this year, next year we’re skipping this event.

Independent’s Day is always a good time. At least we have that to look forward to next Saturday.

I went last night at around 8pm – and I think we only spotted a small handful of art. I did get to see Adam’s installation, but it was really dark outside. Floodlights might have been nice to showcase artwork after dark.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Art Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: