Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Arena District Parking Garages Not Accomodating All Visitors

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Arena District Parking Garages Not Accomodating All Visitors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Think twice before visiting Arena District during work week

Jun. 17, 2012

Written by Bob Brems Sr.

While Columbus touts the Arena District, it doesn’t seem like the powers that brought the Arena District into being planned the access routes and parking facilities very well. While there appears to be a lot of parking available in the area, during the work day, much of that parking is taken up by the workers in the surrounding office buildings. There were many surface parking lots around the stadium that had private and “occupants only” signs prominently displayed. In the evenings and weekends when most workers are home, parking around the stadium, arena and convention center is ample. The few times I have been to the Arena District, I did not experience a parking problem because I was there after the office workers had gone home.

READ MORE: http://www.coshoctontribune.com/article/20120617/OPINION02/206170311

bucki12

What a whiner.

anillo
    Participant

I’m always torn about articles complaining about parking in places like the AD. On one hand, you don’t want people to not visit because of something small like a lack of parking. On the other hand, when you’re going to visit a touristy area that close to the downtown of any city that can call itself remotely vibrant, you shouldn’t expect to just be able to wing it and find a spot nearby with no trouble. The AD is popular because it’s a combination of bars/restaurants/sports and concert venues, not a large group of parking garages.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

That’s a good problem to have, right? But who goes out of town without at least trying to figure out options before they go? Park at the City Center/Commons garage and walk/bus (I’ve never had a problem finding parking during the day there for errands) or park at the Gateway garage and take the #2.

bucki12

http://www.huntingtonparkcolumbus.com/Parking.html

If you would like to reserve your parking for the Ballpark ahead of time you can do so using ClickandPark.com.

http://arenadistrictparking.clickandpark.com/

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    http://www.huntingtonparkcolumbus.com/Parking.html

If you would like to reserve your parking for the Ballpark ahead of time you can do so using ClickandPark.com.

Epic fail is epic.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

The only problem i had finding parking is when there’s a concert going on at Nationwide and LP while theres a Clippers game. THEN your parking about a mile away.

Twixlen
    Participant

Traffic in the AD can be grid-lockie at noon on a regular day, or if there is a convention in town, or for any number of reasons. It was definitely an error to not allow more time for parking – there are many many places to park within a 10 minute walk, and not all of them would have been blocked by monthly pass-holders.

I’ve had similar things happen – meeting friends for something, running late, and ending up irritated and frustrated. I don’t know that I think “this place needs to add more parking” – I definitely think, “next time, I’m not going to be running late.”

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

According to google maps it takes an hour and a half to get all the way from Coshocton to the Arena District. It’s completely his fault for not preparing better. Columbus has 2 million people. How many are in Coshocton?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Waitaminnit… I see what’s going on here… Bob Brems Sr. is using the newspaper to tell people not to go to the Arena District so that next time he’ll find a better parking spot.

Shenanigans!

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

Walker said:
    Waitaminnit… I see what’s going on here… Bob Brems Sr. is using the newspaper to tell people not to go to the Arena District so that next time he’ll find a better parking spot.

Shenanigans!

Oh thank you detective Walker we couldn’t have done it without you!

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I think the lesson here is that it’s important to do five minutes of research about parking accommodations before venturing to a destination.

mrpoppinzs

MichaelC said:
    I think the lesson here is that it’s important to do five minutes of research about parking accommodations before venturing to a destination.

or at least before writing an editorial about it…

I think the lesson is this guy is a hillbilly from hillbilly land.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Wow. That was painful to read.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE