Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Arena District - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Arena District – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 209 total)
  • Author

columbusmike
    Participant

Cbusbill said:
    Where do I buy stock in ‘5 story new builds’? Seriously, this is something like the 25th five story building I’ve read about going up in the past year. The landscape is really going to change when these are all finished, and I honestly get the feeling we’re nowhere near being done. Exciting times, Cbus!!

Above 5-stories and you’re in to a whole ‘nother ballpark when it comes to building codes….based on the idea of a 5-story ladder on a fire truck. 5-stories equals much cheaper construction. 5 stories is also a very acceptable/comfortable density of people.

geoyui
    Participant

Whether it’s 5 or 15 stories, surface lots are disappearing. Big thumbs up!

surber17
    Participant

This really is great news and the location was totally unexpected. I do hope some retail is available (might be a great spot for a small upscale convenience store). The other thing that I love is the timeline …. breaking ground in September!

geoyui
    Participant

surber17 said:
    This really is great news and the location was totally unexpected. I do hope some retail is available (might be a great spot for a small upscale convenience store). The other thing that I love is the timeline …. breaking ground in September!

+1 Retail would be awesome, especially with the residential development west of huntington. The area would need it the way they are building.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Another Downtown surface lot filled in. Keep it up, NRI! ;)

geoyui
    Participant

Still not quite Buffalo, but we’re getting there. :)

News
    Participant

NRI Adding 120 More Apartment Units to Arena District
    Published on August 17, 2012 9:40 am
    By: Walker

Nationwide Realty Investors (the development arm of Nationwide Insurance) is filling in yet another surface parking lot in the Arena District. A new five-story 120-unit apartment building has been proposed to sit facing The LC Pavilion across Neil Avenue. The apartment development is being called Flats on Vine Phase 2, which will compliment two similar buildings located just north on the other side of the railroad tracks.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/nri-adding-120-more-apartment-units-to-arena-district

Pablo
    Participant

I doubt there’s retail on Neil. The image shows the same landscape treatment as the Flats on Vine just to the north.

mrpoppinzs

Great news, I think this will aid in attracting retail to the Grandview Yard.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

mrpoppinzs said:
    Great news, I think this will aid in attracting retail to the Grandview Yard.

How so?

surber17
    Participant

Walker said:
    How so?

One thing I think it will add …. interest in graduating professionals to stay/come to Columbus. If I was told “Come work for Nationwide and live directly next to the new Ballpark and NHL Stadium” I’d give some serious thought to living here.

mrpoppinzs

Walker said:
    How so?

More people living in the the area to buy stuff? NRI has already stated it is targeting the Yard for retail, though it is having trouble attracting retail due to the recession. 120 more market rate units plus all the other stuff within 2 miles can’t hurt.

surber17
    Participant

also, was just looking at the Flats on Vine’s website …. it states “222 space under-unit parking garage” … I don’t think that’s true.

futureman
    Participant

I’m curious how they plan on sharing the amenities between Flats 1 and 2. Are they going to build a walkway over the railroad tracks or just make renters from Flats 2 walk outside then underneath the railroad tracks?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

mrpoppinzs said:
    120 more market rate units plus all the other stuff within 2 miles can’t hurt.

Gotcha. I thought you meant in some other way beyond the obvious. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 209 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE