Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Arena District - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Arena District – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 209 total)
  • Author

AlanBarber
    Participant

News said:
    Seating replacement next improvement project for Nationwide Arena
    Jun 11, 2013, 11:22am EDT
    Jeff Bell
    Staff reporter-Business First

It promises to be a challenge, but Nationwide Arena General Manager Vicki Chorman thinks contractors can replace 6,000 seats in the downtown arena before the Columbus Blue Jackets begin preseason games in September.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/06/seating-replacement-next-improvement.html

Maybe they should replace all the seats with slightly bigger ones to lower the total capacity from 18,500 to something like 15,000. that way the place doesn’t look so empty all the time at games.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

New photo update on the Flats II Apartments:

HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-june-2013

surber17
    Participant

Could you imagine a condo/apt tower in the parking lot behind LC Pavillion? You could watch concerts and baseball games from you balcony.

melikecheese
    Participant

surber17 said:
    Could you imagine a condo/apt tower in the parking lot behind LC Pavillion? You could watch concerts and baseball games from you balcony.

And then complain about the noise after you move in. :)

News
    Participant

A North Bank Condo Clad in White
    BY JEFF THITOFF

One couple makes the most of cityscape views by purposefully decorating in all white. It doesn’t matter whether you are visiting for the first time or the 100th time—when you enter the North Bank Park condo of Mark and Megan Kvamme, it looks and feels brand new. When they purchased the condo, an abundance of color already existed—through the large windows overlooking Downtown.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusmonthly.com/Home-Garden-July-August-2013/A-North-Bank-Condo-Clad-in-White/

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Apparently heading up JobsOhio must be a pretty good gig.

mrpoppinzs

Coremodels said:

He resigned last year. I believe he is currently a ‘venture capitalist’.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/10/02/kvamme-will-leave-jobsohio-on-nov-1.html

He is currently heavily invested in the start up companies Drive Capital and Roadtrippers.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

No doubt the Arena District is one of my favorite parts of Columbus, and i’m just excited to see a part of downtown that will be completely built up once the corner of Neil, Spring, and McConnell Blvd. get a new development. Does anyone know of any rumors or talk about what might go in there? I’ve hear of a clone of North Bank Condos, but i’m curious what else might go in there.

joev
    Participant

Coremodels said:

It’s a pretty wide open home for someone so concerned with privacy at JobsOhio.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More construction updates from The Flats II Apartments, here:

Construction Roundup: July 2013

surber17
    Participant

this is one of the most boring buildings i’ve ever seen built.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

surber17 said:

At least it is another parking lot taken up.

RedStorm
    Participant

surber17 said:

Columbia Gas, Flats II, or both?

futureman
    Participant

gotta be Flats II … that thing is extremely boring. Remove the windows and it looks like the parking garage behind it.

surber17
    Participant

yep, should have specified, Flats II is just terrible. The Columbia Gas buildings are fine by me. futureman is right, it looks like a parking garage.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 209 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION