Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Are Ohio Public Employees Over-compensated?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Are Ohio Public Employees Over-compensated?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 361 through 363 (of 363 total)
  • Author

labi
    Participant

The thing that struck me most about that Dispatch’s companion article that tries to quantify the dollars that might be saved is the passing mention made that once benefits are modified (reduced), there’s every reason to expect that pay will be negotiated higher as a result.

Until someone does the research to show what the cost comparison would be if every public employee were paid the same and had similar benefits as comparable private sector employees, all these numerical conclusions feel political rather than useful to me.

mellotron
    Participant

Bear wrote >>
    I suspect the amount of complaining about public-sector jobs is a pretty simple function of the gap between these two lines.
    [img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6820/sauploadprivatevspublic.jpg[/img]

One might also complain about the slope of the “public sector” graph. Would be interesting to see how that overlays with population growth.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

oh graphs whose Y-axis don’t start at zero…. the rebellious teenagers of graphs.

Viewing 3 posts - 361 through 363 (of 363 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.