Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Arch Park

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

Maybe I just missed it, but I see on Google Maps that McPherson Commons has now been renamed to Arch Park. When did this happen? Or has it always been this way?

Analogue Kid
    Participant

surber17 wrote >>
    Maybe I just missed it, but I see on Google Maps that McPherson Commons has now been renamed to Arch Park. When did this happen? Or has it always been this way?

Ever since they stopped using Teleatlas for their geo data they’ve been misnaming things left and right. They even made up a fictional town in northeast Ohio called “Colesville” It’s just a hot mess.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Next there really will be a Peach District.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

hungrywoolf wrote >>
    Next there really will be a Peach District.

LOL!

futureman
    Participant

I’ve noticed the park named that as well. It makes me think if they could have only saved more than one they could have used them on High street over 670, would have looked amazing!

FYI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Station_%28Columbus,_Ohio%29

anillo
    Participant

they also call 315 “Moody Jackson Parkway” and “Olentangy Freeway”

heresthecasey
    Participant

Genoa Park by COSI is “Gonoa” Park, and Dublin Village Center is located in the middle of Downtown Columbus.

Tenzo
    Participant

Reality is what people beleive. Soon it will be Gonoa park.

Who are you to dispute google?

HeySquare
    Participant

futureman wrote >>
    I’ve noticed the park named that as well. It makes me think if they could have only saved more than one they could have used them on High street over 670, would have looked amazing!
    FYI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Station_%28Columbus,_Ohio%29

It’s hard to see what you are knocking down when you are secretly doing it at night, trying to get it torn down before anyone “notices”

Tenzo
    Participant

Reminds me of when the mayor of Chicago decided he wanted to close Miegs field in Chicago. One day it was a working air field, during the night he had big ‘X’ s and barricades put on the run way.

People had planes in the hangers they had to disassemble to get out.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Incidentally, if you are a local business owner who has “claimed” their listing, please make sure your marker is in the correct spot. Anyone with a Google account can edit listings that haven’t been claimed and move markers to the correct spot unless the owner has claimed the listing.

Also, you can right click on a spot and “report a problem” to Google. This may or may not be effective but its worth a shot, especially with mis-labeled shopping centers and parks. I’ve probably made over 50 problem reports just on things wrong within the outerbelt since the geodata switch a few weeks ago.

Aunt Madge

I am dizzy from all the variations on this topic. I always thought it was the commons where they just happened to have an arch. I think the name “Arch Park” is a bit canned, corney, and flat … “commons” is much more classy and appropriate to the area itself. Doesn’t that pretty much set right where the death house and electric chair used to be? ALSO, I have fond memories of Meigs Field in Chicago, watching the planes fly over the piazza in front of the Adler Planetarium … they flew so low we could practically grab onto the wheels and hitch a ride.

surber17
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve never heard anyone call it Arch Park. I really have no idea where google got that from

Brant
    Participant

anillo wrote >>

Who the heck was Moody Jackson anyway?

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Brant Jones wrote >>

anillo wrote >>

Who the heck was Moody Jackson anyway?

Two people:

Former Mayor Tom Moody and former Public Service Director Richard Jackson

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE