Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Julian - Residential Development in Casto Building at Main & Front

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Julian – Residential Development in Casto Building at Main & Front

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I can’t remember if there was a thread for this or not but I do remember it being mentioned somewhere. That is, the potential announcement for apts. in the old storage building at the corner of Main and Front backing to the Main Bar. Just drove by and a crew is knocking down some walls (maybe making way for windows??) and doing some reno. Did this secretely get approved?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Casto owns the building and has mentioned several times in passing that they’re planning some type of residential use and were planning on making an announcement this Spring. I saw the work today as well, and have contacted their communications team. They’re not ready to make the grand announcement, but I assume will be ready soon with some of the preliminary cinder-block wall removal already under way.

Stay tuned for more! ;)

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

This is the windowless shoe factory!!?? YES!

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I hope someone builds apartments around the Main Bar making it look like the house in Up.

columbusmike
    Participant

I suspect this block will see some significant development in the next 2-3 years (I’m not hinting at anything, just suggesting it’s a prime downtown location).

buckeye54
    Participant

Fantastic!! That building has been a source of speculation and daydreaming on what could be done with it for myself over the years. Great to see work is finally occuring.

pedex
    Participant

I wonder where the state of ohio is gonna store its treasure trove of high end office furniture and other goodies?

columbusmike
    Participant

Will be interesting to see what they do with the building. I’ve been extremely disappointed with the new courthouse, but hopefully some new development in this area will shroud the courthouse building and energize this under utilized section of downtown.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Two photos from today:

ZHC

Sweet!

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

Score one for Columbus.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

This just made the day – it’s been such an eyesore for soooo long, excellent news!!!

CMHflyer
    Participant

jpunkster said:
    This just made the day – it’s been such an eyesore for soooo long, excellent news!!!

Totally agree. So happy to see this happening!

scorpcmh
    Participant

That is great…assuming those are coming out for good?. I was excited to see something similar happening at the White Haines building (rear off Gay St) over the weekend. Unfortunately, they were just taking the old plywood off and boarding it up for another 20 years. Thankful for owners like Casto who actually try to improve downtown!

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Now I’m going to have to find a different route on my lunch walk! Glad to be inconvenienced though ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!