Our City Online

Messageboard - Classifieds

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Apartment Therapy Classifieds for Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Classifieds Apartment Therapy Classifieds for Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

So my thinking in starting this thread is whenever you see something great for sale, but for some reason, your timing or space doesn’t allow you to have it, post it over here. This could be great real estate, mid century furniture, a VW Thing or Karmann Gia, a sweet bicycle or motorcycle…

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Herman-Miller-Eames-Chair-Rope-Edge-X-Base-DAX_W0QQitemZ300388024990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f085829e

Just the table here

Twixlen
    Participant

I love this idea… I take the fancy name brand set, and raise you this!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/fuo/1526426022.html

I really want a table of this style, but need it to seat 10 (oy!), and have no need at ALL of the hutch/sideboard/whatnot. However, that doesn’t stop me from wondering how great a find this set is.

Mercurius
    Participant

jennyw
    Participant

I actually already do this on Twitter! You can find my tweets (which include the #ATScavenger hashtag) at @retrodepot.

Mercurius
    Participant

jennyw wrote >>
    I actually already do this on Twitter! You can find my tweets (which include the #ATScavenger hashtag) at @retrodepot.

Sorry Jenny, that might have well been in Mandarin. Link? I don’t do twitter.

Twixlen
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>
    Pretty awesome dining table from Lane

oh yeah – that table is awesome… But, alas, I am desperately cheap.

And – I Twitter! Gonna hop over and follow!

jennyw
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>

jennyw wrote >>

Ha! It’s less confusing than it seems, I swear. Web address is http://twitter.com/retrodepot

A hashtag serves as a sort of search function, so if you click on #ATscavenger in my tweet, you’ll see a chronological list of not just my scavenger tweets, but anyone’s. (It’s hard to explain, but if you poke around, it’s pretty straightforward.)

Hope that helps!

Mercurius
    Participant

jennyw wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

jennyw wrote >>

Ha! It’s less confusing than it seems, I swear. Web address is http://twitter.com/retrodepot
    A hashtag serves as a sort of search function, so if you click on #ATscavenger in my tweet, you’ll see a chronological list of not just my scavenger tweets, but anyone’s. (It’s hard to explain, but if you poke around, it’s pretty straightforward.)
    Hope that helps!

Thanks Jenny! I actually bought one of those listings today?

jennyw
    Participant

Awesome! Which one?

Mercurius
    Participant

jennyw
    Participant

The white chair, or the orange ones? I love that chair–and actually own a pair of the orange ones, though mine have slightly discolored seats from (presumably) too much time outside.

Mercurius
    Participant

jennyw wrote >>
    The white chair, or the orange ones? I love that chair–and actually own a pair of the orange ones, though mine have slightly discolored seats from (presumably) too much time outside.

Actually both, I’m trying to sell my dining table and get a new one within a few months. I’m looking for a mid century modern danish or Heywood table but I already have six chairs that I think will work well. Unfortunately, four of those chairs are already being used in my house.

I’m really in love with the Nick Dining Table from Blue Dot, but it is a bit out of my price range. I just bought a Patrick Townsend Orbit Chandelier for over it. Should be nice.

jennyw
    Participant

Oh, that table *is* nice–and the chandelier is gorgeous! I know it’s not the same as the Blu Dot table, but have you seen this DWR table on craigslist? I’m a fan.

After months of going back and forth with my husband (who doesn’t care much about mid-century stuff and *really* would rather not spend the money), we bought a McCobb Planner table and chairs off of craigslist a couple of weeks ago. Table looks like this; chairs look like this.

Installed a Kartell lamp I found on ebay over the whole shebang tonight, and it looked great for about an hour or so, until I turned off the light and then attempted to turn it back on–and nothing happened. I think the bulb I used got too hot for the socket and burned out the wiring (the fixture was SUPER-hot). :( So, if you–or anyone else here–knows of a good place to get a light fixture re-wired, I’m all ears …

Twixlen
    Participant

jennyw wrote >>
    Oh, that table *is* nice–and the chandelier is gorgeous! I know it’s not the same as the Blu Dot table, but have you seen this DWR table on craigslist? I’m a fan.
    After months of going back and forth with my husband (who doesn’t care much about mid-century stuff and *really* would rather not spend the money), we bought a McCobb Planner table and chairs off of craigslist a couple of weeks ago. Table looks like this; chairs look like this.
    Installed a Kartell lamp I found on ebay over the whole shebang tonight, and it looked great for about an hour or so, until I turned off the light and then attempted to turn it back on–and nothing happened. I think the bulb I used got too hot for the socket and burned out the wiring (the fixture was SUPER-hot).

:( So, if you–or anyone else here–knows of a good place to get a light fixture re-wired, I’m all ears …

This is the best post!

I am also looking (albeit halfheartedly) for a mid century table. The couple that I’ve found that will seat 10 seem to sell instantly. Gar! That, and I have the aforementioned cheap issue.

As for the fabulous fixture – you can totally reside that one. It’s extremely simple – most hardware stores sell a kit like you’d need. I got a funky 1960’s fixure from Grandview Mercantile and it had to be rewired, and turned into a swag fixure… I found all the stuff at The Andersons. It’s a five lighter, and I was changing the length of it, so it was a little more of a pain, but totally worth it. I still get the warm fuzzies every time I turn it on!

I am totally against this thread. I have been pulling some really nice Eames furniture off of Craigslist the last 6 months and I really do not want to complete with everyone on Columbus Underground. That being said there is also a lot of mislabeled and fake Eames listing on craigslist and I would hate for some one to buy them thinking they are something they are not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)

The forum ‘Classifieds’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO