Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Apartment Help

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Apartment Help

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cbjnick
    cbjnick
    Participant

Hey all!

I’m looking for a 1br (maybe a studio if big enough) apartment in Downtown. Preferably in the $600 range or close to it. As close to arena district as possible. Does anyone know of any hidden gems that I can’t find online? Not much luck considering I have 2 dogs…

Thanks in advance!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

1br Downtown near the Arena District is going to be near impossible to find in the $600 range unless you can find a very tiny studio somewhere for rent.

You might be able to find something in that range in the Discovery District near the Library or CSCC/CCAD, though last I heard those places rent up pretty quickly during the school year:

http://www.fwproperties.com/apartments/current-vacancies.cfm

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Yeah, 600 bucks for downtown plus two dogs ain’t gonna happen.

That said, my building (and the one next door) has 2BR’s a little more and 1BR’s less than that and allows dogs. Its the 1400 block of S. High St., so not far from downtown at all and easy to get everywhere. I can ask my landlord, see if anything is open or opening up if you want.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Yeah $600 “downtown” with dogs = Near East Side/Old Town East.

cbjnick
    cbjnick
    Participant

$850 would probably be my max. I found one for around $895…Market Mohawk I believe? So I am trying to see if I can make that work. I could do more than $600 if there were no additional rent for pets. I just need something within walking distance to the arena district. :)

NerosNeptune
    Participant

I know VV and Harrison West are getting more and more pricey, but you might check out the complexes back behind the Neil Ave Giant Eagle. They’re not a bad walk to the AD.

derm
    derm
    Participant

You might be able to find what you are looking for in 5XNW, if you are in shape for the walk, about a mile or two each way. They will be upgrading the bike lanes within the next year as well.

SusanB
    Participant

I am currently showing a small 2 bedroom house (for another landlord) at the very tail end of Merion Village for $650. I am not sure about the dogs (it would depend on size I think). It’s 2 miles from Broad and High. I live around the block and I think that the area is great these days. PM if you are interested.

peter
    Participant

We have quite a few units available in different neighborhoods around Columbus right now, though none in the Arena District. You may find something you like:

https://rlp.managebuilding.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE