Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Aoi Sushi on Bethel Road

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Aoi Sushi on Bethel Road

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Has anyone been yet? Thoughts?

Latest Bethel Road restaurant puts emphasis on sushi

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 10:13 AM

By GARY SEMAN JR.

ThisWeek Community Newspapers

Yun Hui “Yumi” Wada wouldn’t put her new restaurant in just any area of town. But Northwest Side residents have shown their fondness for sushi and other Asian fare, so she’s comfortable opening her new, sophisticated Japanese restaurant in the busy Bethel Road corridor.

“A lot of people here know how to eat sushi,” she said. And Wada will put their appetites to the test with her latest venue, Aoi, which opens Aug. 8 at 876-878 Bethel Road.

On Wednesdays and Thursdays, the restaurant will offer all-you-can-eat sushi — maki rolls, nigiri and sashimi — for $29.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/food/stories/2011/08/03/tabletalk.html

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I think they only opened this week (judging from their Facebook page.)

tolemac5050
    Participant

Have not been, but will soon, I have been to the “sister” korean restaurant next to Refectory San Su…great spicy cabbage soup!

Tenzo
    Participant

I don’t usually associate ‘all you can eat’ with quality food and ingrediants. Or ‘sophisticated’. Or a ‘drive through’ window When I was in Japan, sushi was considered more of a casual food. Nigiri being created for the busy person with the ability to eat quickly and with their fingers. I’m trying to think of an American equivalent. Perhaps hot dogs and hamburgers would be the closest.

However, I’m always interested in good sushi and will have to give it a try.
    I’ll reserve my opinion until I have tried it.

I have been to the “sister” korean restaurant

ahhh I thought “Yun Hui” sounded Korean. However I believe Yumi is a Japanese name. (Yumi Matsutoya was a very famous pop singer in Tokyo. They even did a Yumi ‘barbie doll’.)

Also a little confused by ” the immediate area is flush with sushi options, including Akai Hana, Basho, Yoshi’s and Blue Ginger.”
    Akai Hana = Red flower
    Basho = Place
    Yoshi = persons name

I’m assuming these are the names of the different rolls

hungrywoolf
    Participant

They are all restaurant names – not rolls.
    Akai Hana[/url] is at Kenny and Old Henderson
    Basho[/url] Sawmill/161 area
    Yoshi Frantz Road Dublin.
    Blue Ginger[/url] – Sawmill

Not really in the immediate area.

Cats With Thumbs
    Participant

Or a ‘drive through’ window When I was in Japan, sushi was considered more of a casual food.[/quote]

This is not strictly true. I definitely had some un-casual sushi while in Japan.

I was going to be surprised you didn’t know about those restaurants, but then I realized that you’re in Chicago.

Cats With Thumbs
    Participant

Also…I didn’t see anywhere to preview my post….I am so dumb, I don’t know how to properly quote :( What a novice!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: