Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone use Home Depot/Lowes for carpet installation?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Anyone use Home Depot/Lowes for carpet installation?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

So to give thread closure. I did not use Lowes or HD for carpet. I used a local guy I had experience with and they did a great job.

I did however use Lowes for an appliance and countertops. HD had yukky reviews for most things, but Lowes was pretty good. Depends on the subs used. Lowes appliance sub was competent, not very friendly, not prompt, but it only took a half hour.

Lowes bought out Marble and Granite works and they did a great job. Two thumbs up.

Plus tons of free gas.

asil
    Participant

Hate to pile on Lowes – but they have consistently failed in my experience with appliance delivery. The appliances either arrive damaged or become damaged while their brutes move them in.

Happened with 2 refrigerators and a stove personally (wrong fridge then dented the right fridge when it arrived, dented fridge and ripped the carpet moving in, dented stove). And I was overseeing delivery at my family’s rental property recently and it happened with another fridge (scratched an existing appliance while moving in) and oven (huge dents on the visible side coming out of the truck). One of the items was a special order so took an extra 5 days on top of the original special wait. THEN on the redeliver the sales guy had down the wrong day, which we discovered upon calling after waiting for the full 4 hour delivery window.

They try to make it right with gift cards and emergency delivery. But the inconvenience and the exasperation – with them that it keeps happening, with their movers who are generally unfriendly on top of being clumsy, and with us that we’re the idiots that used them again – is the suck.

derm
    derm
    Participant

asil said:
    Hate to pile on Lowes – but they have consistently failed in my experience with appliance delivery. The appliances either arrive damaged or become damaged while their brutes move them in.

Happened with 2 refrigerators and a stove personally (wrong fridge then dented the right fridge when it arrived, dented fridge and ripped the carpet moving in, dented stove). And I was overseeing delivery at my family’s rental property recently and it happened with another fridge (scratched an existing appliance while moving in) and oven (huge dents on the visible side coming out of the truck). One of the items was a special order so took an extra 5 days on top of the original special wait. THEN on the redeliver the sales guy had down the wrong day, which we discovered upon calling after waiting for the full 4 hour delivery window.

They try to make it right with gift cards and emergency delivery. But the inconvenience and the exasperation – with them that it keeps happening, with their movers who are generally unfriendly on top of being clumsy, and with us that we’re the idiots that used them again – is the suck.

The first try at my stove was aborted due to damage that they caught at Lowes before it arrived. Took awhile to get it delivered. The countertops were a much better experience.

I bought the blue Moroccan rug at rugsville[/url]. This Rug is nice. Rug is exactly what we wanted. but how to installation my self anyone help me

alfjkld
    Participant

Do not use home depot for carpet installation. The installers are subcontracted and do not do a good job. Seams and gaps were visible throughout the house. They’re rude and are completely unorganized, and everything will be your fault. Save yourself the biggest headache go somewhere else.

acroutham
    Participant

Don’t use LOWES for Carpet installation. I got burned badly by them. First they Overestimated the space by a LOT. When we had left over carpet and wanted another room done they said “oh no the installers won’t use left over Carpet” So we went thru it again for two more rooms and………you guessed it………over estimated AGAIN. So now I have all this carpet sitting in my garage. It was not cheap carpeting. So wasted money. They messed up on the install date. We nearly had to go out and find our own installer until a “district manager” got involved and finally we got someone in 2 days later. So the dutiful call came after the carpet went in asking ‘how did it go”? So I told him all the issues. At the end he told me if I had any problems it had a warranty. I said “is that all after what I just told you?”. He could have cared less. Don’t use LOWES. I have more rooms to fit. I won’t be using them ever again.

Matthew
    Participant

Home Depot tried to give me a runaround on a lead paint inspection prior to installing carpet. It did/does blow my mind that they’d insinuate that carpet installation has anything to do with what’s buried under the wall paint since 1978. I cancelled the contract before they started the job over it.

Eugene_C
    Participant

I never have. I used Rite-Rug last time and they managed to break not one but two of my lamps/lights in the process. They did pay for the damage, however.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

We used Lowes to re-carpet the stairs and second floor of our rental last summer.

Other than having to return to the store once to work out a small wrinkle (it was on clearance, so they had to source the amount we needed from two different stores), it was all very smooth.

We we very happy with the carpet, the price ($0.39 per square foot!!!), and the installation.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.