Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone purchase their own health insurance?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Anyone purchase their own health insurance?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

I know the ACA will change all this shortly, but we are looking at probably losing our employer health care for about 6 months starting in summer. I am hoping to avoid COBRA if possible. Anyone buy their own? Who do you use and how much do you pay monthly if that is not too personal.

I have my professional organization to check, we are Farm Bureau members that I will check, but am also soliciting responses if anyone has a good option. Family of four, 2 kids teenage years, good health. Thanks.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I would recommend talking to Tom Chau at John Dawson Associates[/url] and see what options he suggests. I purchased a personal health insurance plan through them – ended up with medical mutual. It was just for me so I have no idea about cost for a family of 4 and there are a lot of different options for deductables, but it was much cheaper than COBRA.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I sent you a pm

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: