Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone know anything about the new Hot Dog and Ice Cream restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Anyone know anything about the new Hot Dog and Ice Cream restaurant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author

berdawn

If I ever get north of 270, I am getting a shifter dog! that sounds fantastic.

Twixlen
    Participant

Pimento cheese!!!! PIMENTO CHEESE!!!! On top of a hot dog. Genius!

DavidF
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Pimento cheese!!!! PIMENTO CHEESE!!!! On top of a hot dog. Genius!

+infinity

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Amazing what happens with genuine conversation. Kind of destroys the “CU is a bunch of urban, hipster, elitist pricks” meme.

manticore33
    Participant

I want to try this dog. I want!

Mister Shifter: Thanks for talking with the business. I found when I talk to small business most have an open ear and want to do good by their customers.

DavidF
    Participant

lifeontwowheels said:
    Amazing what happens with genuine conversation. Kind of destroys the “CU is a bunch of urban, hipster, elitist pricks” meme.

Shhh. You’ll wake the trolls.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Mister Shifter, that is one genius dog. I’m rarely that far out of “the bubble” :), but if I find myself up that way, I’m having one of those.

(so if you find me asleep on your front steps, no worries, just a hot dog coma) ;)

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Since I work only a stone’s throw from 2 Mad Dogs, I decided to take advantage of the CU discount and try it out. The cashier wasn’t aware of the offer, but gave me the discount anyway.

I of course got a Shifter dog, which I enjoyed, although really more from the novelty than anything else –I’m not a huge hot dog person. It was pretty good, although I wouldn’t rate it anywhere near my personal standard for dogs –O’Betty’s in Athens.

But I think this place is going to do just fine. It was reasonably full when I went there, and –I kid you not –as I was entering I overheard a woman who was leaving tell her daughter “that was the best hot dog ever!”

lifeliberty
    Participant

ChrisSunami said:
    O’Betty’s in Athens.

mmmmm, garlic fries!!!

tolemac5050
    Participant

Stopped by last night since I was in the area, and ordered the reuben dog. The service was fast, friendly, forgot to mention CU, missed that % off, (No problem), and the dog was delivered quickly. Nice appearance. But beware, give it a minute or two to sit, it is delivered HOT! (That’s a good thing). I assume they steamed the dog to melt the cheese. And the bun was firm and not soggy. Left full, and had no fries. I would like to see them maybe in the future offer a smaller dog so we could try more than one. No way can I eat 2 of these. Overall a good experience, and I will be back when I am up that way!

Jeff Regensburger
    Jeff Regensburger
    Participant

I ate there last night with a couple of friends from work. I went with the Chicagoan and a side of fries. The presentation was great, the toppings were fresh, and the fries were hot. As an added bonus I had the choice of either a bottled beverage or a fountain drink. This is a nice touch as I’m not really a fan of fountain drinks.

Understand that I’m no hot dog expert, but I thought it was a good meal and a decent value. My friends concurred. Everyone seemed satisfied with the experience and we all agreed we’d go back again. I’ll grant you that Two Mad Dogs doesn’t have the quirky factor that Dirty Franks does, but I don’t think it’s really trying to be quirky either.

If you’re on the Northwest side, give ’em a shot.

johnwashere
    Participant

They are half off ($5 for $10) on faveroo for the next few days:
    http://www.faveroo.com
    I might have to try them out now

Lindsay

Johnwashere is right! If you’ve been looking to try out Two Mad Dogs, this is your chance. $5 will get you $10 worth of All-American Hot Dogs, ice cream, drinks & more today on local deal site, Faveroo.com.

berdawn

I was out in the hinterlands yesterday and tried Two Mad Dogs and was made very happy. These are ginormous hot dogs but I really wanted a Mr. Shifter AND a chilli/slaw dog. As we’re discussing this, the server said, we can just cut them in half for you. ah! genius! the fries weren’t great but our dogs were very good. They even put half of each hot dog in each basket.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Classy!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: