Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone know anything about the new Hot Dog and Ice Cream restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Anyone know anything about the new Hot Dog and Ice Cream restaurant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Core_Models

saywhat said:
    The horror, these simple suburbanites enjoying something so pedestrian….

I think if you looked around for 5 minutes, you’d find that ice cream and hot dogs are some of the favorite things on this message board.

Fake reviews from people involved in the enterprise pretending to be something else…not some of the favorite things on this message board.

tolemac5050
    Participant

I read a review on YELP that I KNEW was the owner and sent him a message asking if he was the two mad dogs owner, and he denied. Then his review on YELP magically dissapeared! I have (somewhat) no problem with an owner reviewing his own place…but own up when asked!

twomaddogs
    Participant

Hello tolemac I am one of the owners of Two Mad Dogs , One of the owners is AL Hazen you can see his photo here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=201721893206016&set=a.201721889872683.53139.171326209578918&type=1&theater I just looked at yelp and yelp filters review if you go to the yelp page and click on the bottom for the filtered reviews they are all still there and it give a reason to why the filter them.

Have a great day

tolemac5050 said:
    I read a review on YELP that I KNEW was the owner and sent him a message asking if he was the two mad dogs owner, and he denied. Then his review on YELP magically dissapeared! I have (somewhat) no problem with an owner reviewing his own place…but own up when asked!

twomaddogs
    Participant

twomaddogs said:
    Hello tolemac I am one of the owners of Two Mad Dogs , I just looked at yelp and yelp filters review if you go to the yelp page and click on the bottom for the filtered reviews they are all still there and it give a reason to why the filter them.

Have a great day

shadytree

twomaddogs said:
    Hello tolemac I am one of the owners of Two Mad Dogs , One of the owners is AL Hazen you can see his photo here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=201721893206016&set=a.201721889872683.53139.171326209578918&type=1&theater I just looked at yelp and yelp filters review if you go to the yelp page and click on the bottom for the filtered reviews they are all still there and it give a reason to why the filter them.

Have a great day

I hope your food isn’t as atrocious as your grammar.

saywhat

Core_Models said:
    I think if you looked around for 5 minutes, you’d find that ice cream and hot dogs are some of the favorite things on this message board.

Ice cream and hot dogs from 2 particular establishments are some of the favorite things on this message board. Both are referenced in this thread.

@ twomaddogs, don’t sweat it. if you were in some hip, gentrified urban neighborhood, they’d love ya!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

saywhat said:
    if you were in some hip, gentrified urban neighborhood, they’d love ya!

Yeah, like two miles down Sawmill at Graffiti Burger. Much better neighborhood:

Graffiti Burger

Core_Models

saywhat said:
    Ice cream and hot dogs from 2 particular establishments are some of the favorite things on this message board. Both are referenced in this thread.

@ twomaddogs, don’t sweat it. if you were in some hip, gentrified urban neighborhood, they’d love ya!

I’ll speak only for myself…

Blow me.

saywhat

Core_Models said:
    I’ll speak only for myself…

Blow me.

Am I wrong?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Quite.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

saywhat said:

Kihachi, Thai Orchid, Graffiti Burger, Moretti’s, Sunflower.. all close in proximity. Plenty more not listed that get heaps of praise.

Also, these restaurants don’t post fake positive reviews on Yelp and Columbus Underground.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Lol…also please reference pretty much the entire alt eats and taco trucks Columbus blogs. People travel for quality food.

DavidF
    Participant

osulew said:
    Lol…also please reference pretty much the entire alt eats and taco trucks Columbus blogs. People travel for quality food.

but…but…that derails the whole hipster douchebags only love downtown meme he was going for. Never inject facts into a rant.

However, if you are gonna do it anyway. Let’s not forget some downtown restaurants that haven’t gotten a lot of love lately (for good reason) like Sushi Rock, Black Olive, or ranging a little farther afield, banana bean, or even the recent mixed to negative comments about Knead, MoJoe GV or even the Jury Room.

I do feel that there has been a little bit of ganging up on a new place here, but suspicions of owner generated fake comments can bring out some hostility.

cc

I think the Jury Room is a good example that CU notices when something goes wrong or provides lackluster service. I believe in second chances, you just have to fess up and be straight with us. Generally speaking, I think we are a fairly easy going community.

DavidF
    Participant

cc said:
    I think the Jury Room is a good example that CU notices when something goes wrong or provides lackluster service. I believe in second chances, you just have to fess up and be straight with us. Generally speaking, I think we are a fairly easy going community.

The easiest way for a business to get on the good side of this board seems fairly straight forward. Businesses that identify who they are and engage honestly here get a plethora of good will.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: