Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone know anything about the new Hot Dog and Ice Cream restaurant

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Anyone know anything about the new Hot Dog and Ice Cream restaurant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author

lovetoeat

I was on Sawmill Parkway today in Powell going to the drug store and noticed a new sign for Two Mad Dogs, Hot Dogs and Ice cream sign up on the wall tried to look in windows but still papered up with signs that say now hiring and coming soon! Does anybody know anything about this new place?

Thanks Mark

tolemac5050
    Participant

check them out on FB…two mad dogs powell OH

pspock
    Participant

I hope Powell likes Hot Dogs…

…because with Graeters, Jeni’s, Handles, Rita’s, UDF, and Culvers all already competing for Powell area frozen dessert sales, it’s going to be tough selling a lot of ice cream there.

lovetoeat

I went up there again today during the day and met the owner great guy, He says they are about one week from opening and will have all beef Hebrew National hotdogs quarter pound ones, Ashby’s sterling ice cream 14% butterfat and he also said the price will be less expensive than the other ice cream places with larger servings they will also have 4 different soft serve and yogurt flavors. Was a large place also looks like it could seat about 100 people.

pspock wrote >>
    I hope Powell likes Hot Dogs…
    …because with Graeters, Jeni’s, Handles, Rita’s, UDF, and Culvers all already competing for Powell area frozen dessert sales, it’s going to be tough selling a lot of ice cream there.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Clever!

tolemac5050
    Participant

They are open now, as of June 6th

berdawn

I sure hope that lovetoeat will follow up with a post about his/her experience!

Mercurius
    Participant

Score one for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Ice cream and hotdogs on Sawmill Parkway. They should have a promotional punch card; for every ten hot dogs you buy you get a free refill of Lipator.

lovetoeat

Hi I have ate there two times this week and let me tell you it was awesome, I had the New York dog with the homemade onion sauce and a side of the fries they tasted like the ones you get at the fair! i also had two scoops of the ice cream i had Banana pudding and anniversary cake! If you are in the Powell area I would recommend you eat here because the food was awesome! Sidebar I heard 610wtvn Big Bass Brothers this week and they all gave the place 4.5 bellies after only being open for four days!

berdawn wrote >>
    I sure hope that lovetoeat will follow up with a post about his/her experience!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

facepalm

Ever know what heaven feels like? Well, I’m honored to say I do. It comes in the form of a Reuben Hot dog topped with Sauerkraut, Thousand Island Dressing, and Cheese. You hungry yet? Wipe that drool off your face. No amount of rave reviews for this joint will do it justice.

This place will be an institution, and i’m sure a Columbus staple. The hot dogs are top notch. not too salty and has all the qualities of a hot dog we all love but are too squeamish to admit (crunchy casing and a juicy filling)

The Restaurant is Called “Two Mad Dogs”. It’s really great…you should try the Reuben. My favorite. Try Two Mad Dogs Banana Split Ice Cream…it’s delicious.

Or the 24 inch Hot Dog… Def. order the sweet potato tater tots….

http://www.yelp.com/biz/two-mad-dogs-powell
    https://www.facebook.com/twomaddogsohio?ref=ts#!/

Everything is made to order, and Two Mad Dogs in Powell Ohio was definitely worth the wait, and the Calories too.

Enjoy the weining experience!
    Good Luck, Two Mad Dogs!

10sun

osulew wrote >>
    facepalm

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I actually stopped in here last week with some friends who live in the area. They had eaten dinner there, but we just met up for ice cream afterward.

I had two scoops – one chocolate chip, one mint chocolate chip. And it tasted like pretty standard store-bought ice cream. I wasn’t too impressed. And for $11 for 5 scoops for my family, I’d rather just go spend the same amount of money at Jeni’s for a much higher quality product.

If I want cheap ice cream I’ll go to DQ.

I think they could have done a much better job with the space as well. The high bare ceilings in a strip mall made it feel like I was in a grocery store environment, or a Best Buy or something. Very cold, minimalistic and loud and full of echo. It sounds like they’re going for mom-n-pop but it felt like more of a barebones generic franchise.

tolemac5050
    Participant

I have yet to be there, but judging from the photos that is the impression I have, bare and stark. The owner used to own Special Tee Golf stores. I hope over time they find their own brand, instead of a concept using national names, ie: Hebrew National dogs, Ashby’s ice cream. There is the food challenge, wonder if Adam Richman will show?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Those pics on their facebook of “The Challenge” are horrifyingly disgusting. Barf.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER