Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone have an idea on what it would cost to build a two car garage?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Anyone have an idea on what it would cost to build a two car garage?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

cbus11

A friend of mine is batting around the idea of having a two car garage built for his house in Harrison West. This is really early in the thought process and I was wondering if anyone has had one built and roughly what it came to.

thanks

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

About 12-15k. Call priestas bros.

cbus11

thanks!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Wow that’s cheap! I’d have guessed at least 20!

SusanB
    Participant

Is that wood frame or block, Shermy?

groundrules
    Participant

another option to consider, depending on skills etc., is that Mendards sells garage kits. you could probably get the materials for $6K. Add a poured pad to the cost of that. Really depends on what features you want too. extra half story? dormers? windows? finished with drywall? Lots of electrical work? all that adds up.

ricospaz
    Participant

I built one a two years ago, in Grandview. 24ft x 24ft with a concrete pad in front for about $21K. Guys did a great job and built it in about 2-3 weeks. wood frame construction, matching siding on the house, door opener, 2 windows. I was very happy with the work done.

M.O.
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    I built one a two years ago, in Grandview. 24ft x 24ft with a concrete pad in front for about $21K. Guys did a great job and built it in about 2-3 weeks. wood frame construction, matching siding on the house, door opener, 2 windows. I was very happy with the work done.

ricospaz: Would you mind outing your contractor? We’re doing one this spring and have priced at that ballpark. Good word of mouth means a bunch.

ricospaz
    Participant

M.O. said:
    ricospaz: Would you mind outing your contractor? We’re doing one this spring and have priced at that ballpark. Good word of mouth means a bunch.

Shawn McNeil, thru the Garage Gurus. Great guy. Sorry I don’t have his # on me.

M.O.
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Shawn McNeil, thru the Garage Gurus. Great guy. Sorry I don’t have his # on me.

Thanks very much. They have a good web site as well.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

SusanB said:
    Is that wood frame or block, Shermy?

That’s based on estimates for a block single story striped down 24 x20 1 double door garage that I saw maybe 5 years ago. Could be more than 15k now but I would assume you could keep it in that price range still. Folks are hungry these days..

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

I’ve requested an estimate from Garage Gurus. Is there anyone else I should talk to?

StateofDevotion
    Participant

I built a 32×22 garage with second floor walk-up in Grandview 3 years ago for $28K. I used American Heritage Homes. My neighbor down the street just did a 2-story garage using Pomante Contractors and he had only good things to say about them.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION