Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone build their own wood fired pizza oven?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Anyone build their own wood fired pizza oven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

It will be my summer(and fall and probably next spring) project. Came into a good amount of fire brick recently. (Thanks Chris Sherman!). Just wondering if anyone has attempted this project. I have a book or two on the subject and think I have a good plan, just looking for any pointers.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

No tips but am looking forward to the first CU meet up, Wood Fired Oven Pizza style, with derm.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I believe Bill Yerkes of bonopizza has built several wood fired ovens. Chatting him up on the topic would be a good idea. ;)

FoodFort
    Participant

Bill has done several caste iron Pizza ovens and has an interesting set up at Bono. There is a working brick pizza oven at Franklin Park Conservatory and a few model builds at Hamilton Parker.

Dave from Webercam should build one but he refuses to – he is an expert on containing oven heat.

Hamilton Parker Co
    Participant

We carry Wood Fire Oven inserts at Hamilton Parker Co. Made right here in Columbus. They are actually on sale this month too, fancy that! http://hamiltonparker.com/brick/outdoor/brick-ovens/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: