Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anyone been to the "new" Viking carry out?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Anyone been to the "new" Viking carry out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/11/11/viking-carryout-south-of-campus-transformed-into.html

Curious to see what/if anything is different other than the furniture. Sounds like a cool vibe.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

haha those pictures are great. it’s like they went to Savor Growl and just said…

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Yeah, I went there last weekend, and at first I thought it was going be a bit too hipster for me (and it still is a bit), but the new owner is really nice. Her and her boyfriend grew up around here but just came back from Miami, FL after being down there the past 12 years. It’s much more loungey and almost a cocktail bar now, but it still has a decent carryout. Taco Sherpa closed, so they bought the truck, and it sounds like they want to turn it into an empanada truck.

I lived right around the corner from Viking and frequented it over the past few years, and it’s a night and day difference. The head bartender (mixologist?) seems to know his stuff, so I’ll be interested to see how they do. It sounds like they may have some cool plans for the place.

I’d say it’s worth checking out. It fits more in line with the Till and Izzy and Mo’s crowd rather than the Hampton’s peeps across the street.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: