Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Anybody know of equipment rental places that have small pumps?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Anybody know of equipment rental places that have small pumps?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Hey all,

I need to drain a neglected swimming pool. The water is full of algae and other detritus such as leaves so it would need to be what I think is called a trash pump. I’ve only found them thus far at Sunbelt Rentals but I was wondering if there are any other companies around town that carry such a thing. Thanks!

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Analogue Kid said:
    Hey all,
    I need to drain a neglected swimming pool. The water is full of algae and other detritus such as leaves so it would need to be what I think is called a trash pump. I’ve only found them thus far at Sunbelt Rentals but I was wondering if there are any other companies around town that carry such a thing. Thanks!

Try Murray’s on James.

tdziemia
    Participant

Home Depot also has pumps, couple of different sizes. Even the small (cheap) size can empty a small pool pretty quickly, and only requires a garden hose. They can probably advise you based on size of pool. You need to call around cause not all stores do rentals, but I think Hilliard store has a rental center.

pez
    Participant

OK, just in case I’m in a similar situation someday (you never know), where exactly do you end up pumping this mess? Can it go down a storm sewer?

Analogue Kid
    Participant

pez said:
    OK, just in case I’m in a similar situation someday (you never know), where exactly do you end up pumping this mess? Can it go down a storm sewer?

Depends. The pool hasn’t been chlorinated in years and there are frogs and turtles living in it, so I suppose it wouldn’t be at all hazardous in the storm sewer. Otherwise, it just goes down the sanitary sewer or perhaps in the yard to water the grass.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

tdziemia
    Participant

Hey, guess what? This “mess” is all organic especially if it hasn’t been chlorinated in a while (but lest we forget, our water is chlorinated, and that’s not exactly considered toxic waste). Yes, algae, leaves, dead worms (in my experience the most common disgusting item), rotted frog parts. It can go anywhere you please, including the storm sewer. It’s one hell of a lot healthier than anything washing off the lawn of your neighbors who use a lawn service.

tdziemia
    Participant

Oh, hey, my owner forgot to mention dog turds, but I’ve never done it in a pool, honest, really (yeah, OK, I’ve peed once or twice but someone told me humans do that, too, without telling anyone).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: