Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Grass Skirt Tiki Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining The Grass Skirt Tiki Bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author

buckette13

Snarf said:
    Going to a soft/private opening tonight, can’t wait! Spam!

photograph the menu pls!

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Drove by the place last night on my way home from a week at military reserve duty. The front door was open. Looks like they are getting really close to opening.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hugh59 said:
    Drove by the place last night on my way home from a week at military reserve duty. The front door was open. Looks like they are getting really close to opening.

Yes. Tuesday the 25th is the public grand opening. ;)

News
    Participant

First Look: The Grass Skirt Tiki Room
    Published on September 21, 2012
    By: Walker

We were able to get a sneak peek inside The Grass Skirt and our photos are shared with you below. Enjoy!

MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-the-grass-skirt-tiki-room

mbatt227
    Participant

As a person who spent many many years in this space, I can say I am very excited to see its transformation. Its great to see the red door. Made me smile.

News
    Participant

The making of a tiki bar – behind the scenes at Grass Skirt Tiki Room
    Published on September 23, 2012 8:00 am
    By: Anne

Grass Skirt Tiki Room has likely been one of the most highly anticipated bars to open in Columbus since the Kahiki. What is it that people just love about the Tiki culture? The tropical fantasies? The colorful drinks? The crazy tiki mugs? The romantic music?

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-making-of-a-tiki-bar-behind-the-scenes-at-grass-skirt

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Any idea what time they will open the doors tomorrow?

leftovers

hugh59 said:
    Any idea what time they will open the doors tomorrow?

6pm

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Facebook:

Ok, we’ve been mysterious for long enough: our official public opening is Tuesday, Sept 25 at 6pm. Waterfalls, lava walls & mai tais await you…aloha nui loa!

We’ll be open Tues through Sat 6p-12a for a few weeks and expand hours and menu as we can until we’re serving lunch and dinner. Look for updates here on FB.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Sigh. We have to be at shul by 7pm on Tuesday.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lessner dishes on Columbus Food League’s present, future
    BUSINESS PROFILES — BY MELANIE MCINTYRE ON SEPTEMBER 25, 2012 AT 8:00 AM

A lot has happened since The Metropreneur profiled Elizabeth Lessner a little over two years ago. During that time, her restaurants’ parent company rebranded itself as the Columbus Food League (it was formerly Betty’s Family of Restaurants) and announced plans for three additional eateries: a second Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace in Westgate, the Franklinton Tap Room, and the Grass Skirt Tiki Room, which opens today at 105 N. Grant Ave. in downtown.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/lessner-dishes-on-columbus-food-leagues-present-future/

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Love the drinks here. The top shelf mai tai was strong for me but the regular one was super delicious.

Preferred the standard dark and stormy to the one with kraken rum as well. Guess I have cheap tastes.

squid
    Participant

AAHHHH Can’t wait to go drinking. sigh. Hopefully the rums are good and the mixes are great. Fraternal Order or not, someone still has to mix them up, and perhaps (hopefully anyway) make up the Orgeat.

Damn I can’t wait… If it lasts more than a couple of months I might even donate my pile of Kahiki bits to ’em.

ricospaz
    Participant

I’m planning on going Friday. Kraken rum? that stuff is good, but cheap.

surber17
    Participant

I wonder what the people at CCAD think of this, I’m sure they’re pretty excited to have new places open up so close. Is there anyone on here that currently goes to CCAD and lives on campus?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: